Parties- do you both attend toddler party?

(9 Posts)
TK1930 Sun 03-Jul-16 21:30:11

Just interested to know if you and your husband/partner both attend toddler parties with DC or do only one of you go?

123rd Sun 03-Jul-16 21:31:24

Depends...if we were both mates with parents of bday child we possibly would. If it were a nursery pal then probably just me.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 03-Jul-16 21:32:58

Depends on whose it is but yes usually- and when we had dd's I thought maybe just our mutual friends would come together but quite a few from nursery came altogether not all but most which surprised me but was nice to meet them.

trilbydoll Sun 03-Jul-16 21:36:04

If it's in a public place like soft play, farm, village hall, we all go and pay extra for dd2 if applicable. DD1 had a party today at someone's house so I took her, we figured space might be a bit more limited.

RiverTam Sun 03-Jul-16 21:37:23

If it's a social occasion for us as well then we'd both go. Otherwise, no, what a waste of an afternoon!

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Sun 03-Jul-16 21:37:29

No we wouldn't both go.

Although I suppose it's company and someone to share the misery with. Thankfully my eldest can now be left alone at parties. It's wonderful.

HoggleHoggle Mon 04-Jul-16 07:09:04

Not unless we both knew the parents. Otherwise just one of us goes, it's nice for the other one to get some free time.

Gizlotsmum Mon 04-Jul-16 07:18:15

Umm no. Used to be because he worked, now because we have 2 children and easier for only one parent to go. Will occasionally both go if we know the parents socially but that is rare.

Keepingthefaith2015 Mon 25-Jul-16 15:25:57

Is it rude to take number 2 child as well to a party that child number one has been invited to due to the time/day of the party and no childcare (number 2 child is 18 months)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now