Cast your eye over my plan, please?

(7 Posts)

Whole class party, bouncy castle, various outdoor toys, colouring in tablecloths, edible bracelet making, maybe a temp tattoo station.

Not doing sandwiches etc just snacks (We're allowed to serve snacks in the party room but apparently doing "proper food" like sandwiches means hiring another room for an hour on top of two hours with bouncy castle - 3 hours is too much and it's extra expense) so I was thinking of serving "kwenchy cups" drinks with name stickers on, various bowls of crisps, rainbow drops, party rings, fairy cakes, strawberries, birthday cake. Maybe some mini sausages etc

Party bags contain funky specs or funny specs, bubbles, lolly, small handful of penny sweets, a piece of birthday cake, and will have a helium balloon attached.

Dance competition, prize for best dancer. Musical statues.
Pin the tail on the donkey.
Might string up a load of those tiny donuts on a long string and have a hands behind the back donut eating competition.

Thoughts? OTT? Not enough? Something missing? Thanks smile

Blondie1984 Fri 06-May-16 17:35:25

I would have a bit more savoury food - definitely mini sausages - could you do some sausage rolls too? And maybe some chunks of mild cheddar?

I would definitely do the temp tattoo station as, depending on age, boys might not want to do the edible bracelet making

Blondie1984 Fri 06-May-16 17:35:49

What is your contingency in case it rains?

I would usually do plenty of savoury food but I think we might push the boundaries of the "just snacks" rule a bit far if we include too much confused The party is on 2-4 so hopefully being between meals people won't be expecting a massive meal anyway. Hopefully!

It's indoors, Blondie. smile

Sorry I realise the outdoor toys made it sound like a garden party, I just mean like rude on scooters, space hoppers etc in a big hall.

Lovelydiscusfish Sun 08-May-16 23:09:40

All sounds good to me! What age is your dc? (The birthday person). Was wondering if pass the parcel might be good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now