First birthday

(9 Posts)
verytiredmummy1 Sun 28-Feb-16 10:33:39

What did you do for your child's first birthday?
We are thinking of a day out as she doesn't have many baby friends for a party etc
It will probably be cold too so we can't do anything in the garden smile

Just wondered what others did?
X

Ningnang2000 Fri 18-Mar-16 21:58:19

We had family round for a birthday tea for both girls. I didn't bother with a big thing. For the first we also had a day out at safari park which was nice but the animal she got excited about the most was the duck at lunch time. In hindsight I would have saved my money and gone to the park and swimming because that is what she liked to do the most at that age and all she wants is to be wit us. Plus I would have not spent so much on presents and maybe have sourced them second hand. Have a lovely time no matter what you do x

polkadotdelight Fri 18-Mar-16 22:01:57

We invited friends and family over to the house for cake, sandwiches etc and went out for the day the following day. We have been to plenty of first birthday parties in community halls but it wasn't for us.

Lovelydiscusfish Sat 19-Mar-16 18:46:10

I think we took her to the zoo, with MIL. We tried to have a picnic, but it was very windy and cold.
The child won't really appreciate a birthday party at this age, as far as I am aware, so if you have one I think it's more for you and your family/friends (absolutely nothing wrong with that, of course, if you fancy it).

babybouncer Fri 08-Apr-16 21:38:13

With our eldest, we had a picnic in the local park and invited friends/family to just bring their own food. With our second we had mostly the same people but as they mostly now had a baby it was a slightly bigger affair with more kids and as it was winter we had it at our house, but I still asked everyone to bring some bits of food. In both cases we did a nice cake.

winchester1 Fri 08-Apr-16 21:40:39

Family round for coffee and cake, did the same for dc2 and second bdays.

TeaBelle Fri 08-Apr-16 21:47:30

We went to an adventure farm with both sets of grandparents, aunt and uncle

frazzled74 Fri 08-Apr-16 21:48:24

Dc1 , big party , Dc2 day at the zoo followed by a medium sized party, Dc3 extended family tea party, Dc 4 swimming , a cake , and then dh and I had a dine in for 2 once Dcs were in bed. The presents got smaller/less expensive with each one and the stress levels lowered. The best present for a 1 year old is a helium balloon in a box!

Charlottebuchs Mon 18-Apr-16 16:48:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now