Girl Scout Party Theme

(8 Posts)
TVJ2013 Wed 01-Jul-15 19:55:05

Hello, I am hoping some of you mum's with daughters around 11 can help me.

My friend and their family are about to make their annual vacation trip to the
UK. Their 11 year old daughter had made several English friends, and this year is inviting them to a picnic/party. Between them they have asked for a Girl Scout Party.

My friend is keen to get this "right" and asked me what it would involve, I have no idea!

I have tried Google without much luck. I don't know whether it's someone that is a current fad, whether they saw the Michele Obama thing, or whether it's something out of the blue

So I am hoping someone can help in terms of suggesting food, activities etc.

If not Girl Scouts Party then some ideas on what would be good for that age group would be fantastic. Bearing in mind it will be a picnic in the park type environment - with parental supervision!

Thank you so much for any ideas you may have.

Hairylegs007 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:04:27

What kind of park is it?

Can they build a fire and BBQ their lunch? Marsh mellows. Cook Sweet corn.

What about some kind of problem solving activity. Using found objects to build the tallest thing. Twigs and jelly bean type sweets could make a tall tower alternatively.

Some kind of team chase game. No idea what.

Pitching a tent together would be fun. Give them the instructions and a reward. Hot chocolate?

Hairylegs007 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:05:53

Collecting as many different bugs as possible

pourmeanotherglass Wed 01-Jul-15 20:10:05

build a shelter in the woods, and maybe a rope swing. BBQ a few burgers, and follow with marshmallows on sticks. Maybe try a scavenger hunt.

PerspicaciaTick Wed 01-Jul-15 20:15:51

Badges? I think you can get "fun" guiding badges (like the one that says "girls can") on the girlguiding website.

Split them into two patrols - give the patrols names (or let the girls choose them) and get them to work in their teams?

Definitely prepare their own food.

dragon.sleepdeprived.ca/games/games.htm has some good ideas for games.

TVJ2013 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:22:34

Wow, quick replies, thank you!

Great suggestions. Unfortunately a fire / barbecue is not allowed, but I'll follow up on the other ideas.

It's a big open space, more like a common than a wooded area.

Right I am off to look on the girl guiding website!

Thank you!

TVJ2013 Wed 01-Jul-15 20:24:34

I forgot to ask would making friendship bracelets they could exchange be a good activity for this age group? I like the idea of them having moments, I am also thinking of getting them to take photos of each other that can be made into a collage they can each get a copy of.

JulieDW Thu 03-Sep-15 09:51:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now