seeking unusual/interesting party bag presents for girls 11-13 yrs

(20 Posts)
slackcabbage Tue 06-May-14 08:14:18

11 yr old (to be) DD definitely - without question - still wants party bags ...

but her friends are mixed in age (the oldest being nearly 14)

What sort of things can I put in the bags that are a bit more unusual/interesting and not tasteless tat?

Only 8 (inc dd) coming to party so can spend a bit more than usual

Thanks for any advice/suggestions

ComfyLeatherChair Tue 06-May-14 08:19:59

Nail polish or is that too girly? And a nice nail file maybe? Or stationery. I LOVED nice stationery at that age.

slackcabbage Tue 06-May-14 08:31:08

Thanks Comfy yes, I thought of perhaps nipping to the Body shop and buying nail files/tiny hand creams - that sort of thing - or a Lush bath bomb or similar

And dd certainly loves stationery - but has far too much of it - I wonder if her friends are the same?

Was thinking of something like this but £££££

Idontknowhowtohelpher Tue 06-May-14 08:56:07

Do you have a Tiger shop near you? They have lots of funky things dd2 (12yo) loves. What about one of these? www.tigerstores.co.uk/new_for_may/new_for_may/fish_pillow_1002731.html

slackcabbage Tue 06-May-14 09:15:23

Thanks Idon'tknowhowtohelpher I hadn't heard of Tiger shops but see there are two where I live (in Belgium) Will investigate!

Funny you should link a fish pillow too as theme of party is vaguely nautical (Dolphin disco!)

rootypig Tue 06-May-14 09:16:27

Not helpful but those corsage kits are wonderful OP!

slackcabbage Tue 06-May-14 09:26:02

Rootypig yes, I wouldn't mind one myself! smile

A bit £££ for the dc though and a few of them don't like sewing ...

rootypig Tue 06-May-14 20:20:44

Gracious Idontknowhowtohelpher Tiger is brilliant.

Idontknowhowtohelpher Thu 08-May-14 08:00:46

It's good, isn't it? We have a Tiger down our high street so I have to limit dd2's visits - and mine! grin

Onelittlepiglet Thu 08-May-14 09:21:50

The works has lots of craft kit type things and not expensive.
Lots here

How about make your own friendship bracelets or little owl sewing kit? There are other things like nail art and crystal tattoo type things too.

What about cupcake cases and decorations (e.g. Just a pot of 100s & thousands), and print out of cupcake recipe. Or Nigella's choc mint cookie recipe printed out with bottle of peppermint essence and pack of chocolate chips?

rootypig Sat 10-May-14 22:18:50

oh those are good ideas lilo

Or a mug filled with nice chocolate and marshmallows for making delicious hot chocolate

Years of practice Rooty! I bought mugs one year and filled with sweets but hot choc kit better idea. Pound shops and home bargains type places often have naice cheap mugs.

rootypig Sun 11-May-14 20:59:29

Yes and M&S have multipacks of those choc stirrer things that they love. Am sure your options on this front in Belgium will be legion grin

You could have them decorate the mugs together at the party as a memento?

slackcabbage Mon 12-May-14 11:08:24

Thanks for yet more replies/excellent ideas and sorry for only returning to this thread now! (Rl has been a bit hectic!)

I like the cupcake idea Lilo and think I will adapt it for next year ... as have already bought a few things for traditional party bags this time

Rooty yes indeed - saw delicious sort of chocolate "lollipop" at weekend that you add to milk ... very delicious easy way of making hot choc

Thank you everyone - am pondering all the options!

MarathonFan Mon 12-May-14 11:12:16

Please no!!! Party bags for little ones are bad enough but they stop round here by 9-10. Please dont let it carry on til they're 13 grin

slackcabbage Mon 12-May-14 11:25:55

Sympathies Marathon grin

Now she is approaching 11 yrs, dd wants to be incredibly grown up this year (disco and pizza etc) but is still absolutely unwavering about party bags!!

slackcabbage Mon 12-May-14 11:26:33

The good news is that the number of attendees tend to decline though!

BeaLola Thu 15-May-14 00:49:02

Nail varnish, lipbalm, glitzy pens, earrings, bangles, sparkly scarf, coin purse, friendship bracelets, little notebook.

lechers Thu 15-May-14 01:03:05

Try cosmetics fairy.co.uk . They have a fab 99p and under range. What they stock varies, but they usually do some nice / cheap bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now