4 year old vomiting but has his birthday party tomorrow - should I cancel?

(10 Posts)
Dodo76 Fri 21-Mar-14 14:56:16

I am guessing yes but wanted the general view. It came on quite suddenly this morning and he has now been sick once. I am guessing that even if he recovers now he will probably still not be 100% tomorrow (his party is at 11am) and potentially contagious? What is the usual etiquette for cancelling?

WaitMonkey Fri 21-Mar-14 16:25:30

Sorry, but you will need to cancel. Text everyone now. Is it at home ? Hopefully you can rearrange. This has happened at a party my dc where due to attend. It was arranged for a week latter. Much more difficult if it's not at home though. sad

Dodo76 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:47:55

yes, it's at home. Such a shame!

evertonmint Fri 21-Mar-14 16:55:10

Vomited once but now fine and dandy, or vomited once but not eating, obviously under the weather etc.?

That might make a difference to what I decide to do.

Dodo76 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:14:29

Vomited twice now, temperature and generally unwell. Thought it might be one of those 24 hours things but even so think I will have to cancel, Such a shame! Does anyone know if you can freeze birthday cake?

HolidayCriminal Fri 21-Mar-14 19:47:25

If he only vomitted once I would say still open-minded, but with fever & multiple sick episodes you're stuffed. Sorry!! We nearly had to cancel DS's party this yr for similar. And I had NO PHONE numbers or other contact info for the guests. As it was, we were 25 minutes late to the venue partly because I left departing to last second.

evertonmint Fri 21-Mar-14 19:55:15

Yes afraid you need to cancel sad

What sort of cake/icing?

Badvoc Fri 21-Mar-14 20:01:29

Yep you will have to cancel.
Sorry.
The parents will thank you for not infecting their dc I assure you!

Dodo76 Fri 21-Mar-14 20:33:04

He seems a lot better though. It is possible he could be better and non-contagious by the morning?

Badvoc Fri 21-Mar-14 20:57:37

Sorry - temp and vomiting = no party sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now