Party bags for boys' parties, ages 4 and 6

(12 Posts)
nickelbabe Mon 26-May-14 22:21:42

I personally don't put unblown balloons in party bags.
I have a friend who is a casualty nurse and she says the a swallowed balloon forms an air tight seal that cannot be removed.

babybouncer Mon 26-May-14 22:17:31

Straws are a good call (and are used again). Book from the book people multipack is also good.

Getting kids to decorate and add to their party bags by putting in what they win can be a good way to not have to give double when giving prizes.

Nothing else is ever used or even touched again. We've had to start a rule that if he doesn't touch the party bag for a week, the whole thing goes in the bin. So far every single one has been binned and he hasn't noticed at all.

BeaLola Thu 15-May-14 00:55:39

I have done sticker books or doodle books from The Book People.

DD is 4 in 2 weeks. In the boys party bags I've put a Mr men book, colouring book, mini musical instrument (music themed party), bubbles and sweets.

The works have loads of bits cheap and I found lots on partypacks.co.uk

Whoopy cushions on eBay in bulk are about £1 each. DS loves his. I'm planning on making home made marshmallows with him.

fuzzpig Sat 26-Apr-14 17:17:53

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0011K1DQI?pc_redir=1398330968&robot_redir=1

Jumping poppers - you can get mini ones too which are cheaper so might be better if you have lots of bags to do.

Big set of hot wheels type cars to split would be good too

ValiumQueen Sat 26-Apr-14 17:14:48

Sweet cones every time. Get the basics of eBay and fill with good quality sweets, add a 'thank you for coming to my party' sticker, a balloon and a piece of cake and everyone is happy.

IdaClair Fri 14-Mar-14 12:02:56

Whatever you do don't do boys and girls ones. Pisses everyone off

chanie44 Fri 14-Mar-14 12:01:17

My son turns 4 in a few weeks and I'm trying to limit the tat in the party bags. I have:

Tattoos - 24 for 50p on amazon.
Popping candy - 10 packs £1 from the poundshop.
Bendy drinking straws - 5 for £1 in 99p store or wilkinsons
Lollipops - 20 for £1 from the poundshop.
Bubbles - 24 for £3 from amazon.

Technical Thu 13-Mar-14 13:53:36

I wouldn't have done it when mine were 4 & 6 and I was still worried about appearances but with the benefit of hindsight I'd absolutely just stick to sweets.

Cheaper, the kids actually like/want them and there's no plastic tatt going into landfill as soon as mum can spirit it away without DCs knowing. Maybe some stickers and a balloon if you must.

Daffodil05 Thu 13-Mar-14 13:46:01

Bouncy balls, balloons, stickers, a snazzy pen/pencil, a stretchy rubbery toy (they often sell them in places like Hawkins Bazaar or even a supermarket), marbles, a whizzy car toy, a wind-up toy, a bookmark, some gunge, a finger puppet, a keyring... ELC are currently selling a pack of Lego rubbers for £2.99, so you could buy some of those and put one rubber in each bag, depending on your budget. Or, break the mould and buy them each a sticker book/activity book instead (somewhere like The Works often have good deals on!). In my experience, 4 and 6 year-olds like the idea of a party bag more than the actual contents, so don't worry too much about it!! Also it obviously depends on your budget - places like ASDA are great for bargain party-fillers.

Dodo76 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:58:27

Any ideas on what to put in other than cake and sweets?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now