Food for 3rd birthday party

(5 Posts)
Herindoors27 Mon 10-Mar-14 22:01:07

Thanks!!
Attended a party a few weeks back at a soft play setting and all the kids had hot dogs and they were a massive hit, which swayed my idea I think,
and I don't want mountains left over.!

We did pizzas rather than sandwiches, cucumber, carrot, pepper, breadsticks/crisps and dips. Then cake and fruit (grapes, strawberries, blueberries).

WantToMoveNorth Mon 10-Mar-14 21:47:01

We had a party for our 3 yr old this weekend. We did sandwiches, crisps, cakes, biscuits, fruit platter, crudités & dips. We laid it all out in the centre of the table so everyone could pick what they liked. the children went straight for all the sweet things, so a lot of sandwiches, fruit & veg were left! the adults didnt really eat, even though there was enough for them. From this a friend gave a tip- make lunch boxes for each child, as there will be far less waste this way. You could also put some more food out for the adults to pick from if you think they'll want to eat.

SESthebrave Mon 10-Mar-14 21:41:44

When my DS turned 3, we had a party at home of sandwiches, crisps, cherry tomatoes, cucumber chunks, cheese chunks with jelly, ice cream and chopped strawberries for pudding. It was laid out in bulk for parents to pick what they wanted their child to have.

HTH

Herindoors27 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:31:24

Planning a party for my daughter - turning 3, need ideas for food!
There's only 5 children and was thinking of
Hot dogs, Dunkers, a bit of fruit and then jelly and ice cream.
To much? To little?
HELP PLEASE!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now