How much food?!

(5 Posts)
Parisbanana Tue 04-Mar-14 21:08:07

I have offered, in a moment of generosity, to help my friend cater for his 50th birthday party! An evening, music, chatting, drinking and some nibbles to absorb the alcohol.
It is at his home. Probably 35-40 people. He wants to do pizzas and bagels ( and maybe jellied eels but I'm not getting involved in that)
How do we decide how much to get?
Thank you smile

BackforGood Wed 05-Mar-14 18:15:32

Is there a reason you can't look at how much you would make for 5, then multiplying it by 8 ?
Easier to judge a 'normal family sized amount' than a 'catering amount' for most people.

iklboo Wed 05-Mar-14 18:18:24

I have a tendency to go 'Hogwarts' when catering buffets. People were taking home trays of stuff from our engagement.

I shall from henceforth be using BFGs method. Although I overcater for family........

Parisbanana Wed 05-Mar-14 21:32:02

BackforGood you know what, there is no reason at all not to do what you suggest! In fact that is quite a simply brilliant idea smile
Thank you

BackforGood Wed 05-Mar-14 23:24:17

don't know about genius, but glad to have helped smile

Now, how do I book you to cater my party - there will DEFINITELY be no jellied eels involved wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now