Anyone been to the F1 in Silverstone?

(7 Posts)
tobytoes Mon 03-Mar-14 13:12:16

Really want to book tickets for my husband for his birthday this year. Have no idea what seats to book,or even if I should just book general admittance.

Has anyone been before with any advice?

I've been once and it was bloody awesome!

If you're looking to book seats then I'd suggest either the pit straight or Stowe/vale, which would probably be a bit more interesting tbh. They'll come along he hangar straight pretty swiftly then it's a lovely long right sweep into Stowe with a left hander towards vale - it's a really good place for side by side action.

If you book, make sure you take ear plugs, it is unbelievably and almost inconceivably loud!

tobytoes Mon 03-Mar-14 19:34:09

Yeayyyy a reply!!!!! Thanks!!! Okay so youd reccommend getting a seat then rather than just entry? Ive read good things about sitting in Vale online earlier on. :-)

StuntBottom Mon 03-Mar-14 19:37:41

Been twice. Once had general admittance and once had seats in the pit straight stands. Grandstand seats were good but in some ways I preferred the general admittance as we were much closer to the track. Also, it's a long day and it was easier for wandering about, spreading out with a picnic, etc. Probably not so great if it's pouring down, though!

Its0kToBeMe Mon 03-Mar-14 21:28:14

I went a few years ago with my mum. Great weekend! When I go again I will definitely rent the little radio monitors, as I was confused when the leaders start to ovetlap the stragglers.

We camped on the grounds over the weekend.

tobytoes Tue 04-Mar-14 12:17:37

Oooohhhhhh am torn now. Thanks for the replies by the way. Now hubby does like to nose around alot so perhaps a seat isnt the best option,but then again if he has a seat he wont have to get up really early to secure a good spot to view the race from. Hummmmmmmmmmmm oh god need to deceide his bday is on the 10th!!!!

Flip a coin? grin

Either way you'll have a brilliant time.

Just a thought, but if you're trying to think of other car related gifts I loved the festival of speed at goodwood - think it's usually held in June and it's a lovely area for a weekend away. There are also experiences that you can do where you get to race in an f1 simulator - that's on my list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now