Has anyone done a museum sleepover party?

(9 Posts)
CallMeDuringDrWhoAndIllKillYou Mon 25-Nov-13 21:05:58

I've always fancied doing one of the museum sleepovers with the DCs, and because DD's new school friends seem to go in for adventurous/expensive birthday parties, I thought that a museum sleepover for a few friends might be the way to go for her 12th. Probably Science Museum or British Museum.

Has anyone done one of these? (or had a DC attend someone else's) How did it go? Thanks

pinkpetrol Fri 29-Nov-13 23:59:18

I did it with my class about 15 years ago. All i remember is no sleep. None at all. Whatsoever!

HerrenaHarridan Sat 30-Nov-13 00:10:18

I have never heard if this and now I am very excited.

May have to be patient 2 is maybe a bit young blush

toomuchicecream Tue 31-Dec-13 19:48:34

Dis science museum about 6 years ago when DS was 11. Fantastic! Highly recommended. As I recall they had strict adult child ratios so the adults didn't take over. I got to sleep in a nice quiet area with the token girl DS had taken (so that I could be there!) while DH was on the other side of the gallery in between a cub pack and a school.

TeWiSavesTheDay Tue 31-Dec-13 19:56:32

No, but I really want to, tell us if it's good! Want to take the dcs when they are old enough.

Meglet Tue 31-Dec-13 20:02:57

I wanted to do this at the NHM but I can't just take the DC's sad. It has to be done with an organised group.

<Lip>

MsAspreyDiamonds Sat 11-Jan-14 06:03:43
TheZeeTeam Sat 11-Jan-14 06:06:25

I did it in the NY national history museum. I didn't sleep at all but DS had a great time!

ACsimmonds2014 Sun 06-Apr-14 18:36:12

Not sure this thread is being followed any more, but I REALLY want to take my 9yo to the NHM sleepover but can't get a group of five together! If anyone is going and would like or need one more child (and an adult) please let me know acsimmonds@hotmail.com we can only go on 10 May as travelling in the coming months. THANK YOU!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now