Party tomorrow for 7year old. Starting to panic!!

(7 Posts)
boatinn1206 Sat 23-Nov-13 12:31:17

My sons bday party is tomorrow. He goes to a school out of area and I dont know anyone. He invited the whole class plus 16 other kids he plays with at school bringing the count to 44. I have had 23 replies saying they are coming 3cannot make it and the other 18 havent replied. Am i to assume they will not be coming for party bags etc. I have also invited 12 local kids (friends &family). I have done plenty of parties before but "knew the crowd" so to speak and I am so nervous about tomorrow. I have an entertainer for the first hour but the 2nd hour its down to me and OH. Would you do food after entertainer has gone and then maybe more partie games? I am really nervous at playing party games and telling children they are out (dont know why) just so panicky. Anyone been in similar situations? Xx

boatinn1206 Sat 23-Nov-13 12:32:51

Sorry for kisses ha! I was in between texting.

Ragwort Sat 23-Nov-13 12:37:20

That is a lot of guests !! Do you have any other adult helpers?

I am a Cub Leader so well used to 'crowd control' grin but I wouldn't want that many at a party.

Yes, do the food after the entertainer and then games.

Have a list ready, I find the 'old favourites' are always enjoyed - musical chairs, musical statues, sleeping lions - have you got time to do a pass the parcel - lots of layers with forfeits goes down well.

Google party games for more ideas and perhaps have games that no one is 'out' - relay races work well, blowing up balloons, that sort of thing.

Good luck you will need it. grin

No idea what to suggest about the 'non-replies' - how rude.

Ragwort Mon 25-Nov-13 06:41:22

How did it go? smile

boatinn1206 Tue 26-Nov-13 23:40:39

It went really well. The magician was brilliant but as I said I only had him for the first hour. For the 2nd hour I bought lots of crafty things and did a crafts table. Then got a CD player and did some party games.. Musical statues, musical chairs etc. That combined with eating food made the last hour fly by and all kids went home happy. Teacher said everyone was raving about it and some mums have said how good it was (not one mum has ever talked to me or DS in the 3 years at the school) My lad said it was the best birthday ever....made all the stress worth it.

ScrimshawTheSecond Wed 27-Nov-13 11:05:47

wow, well done! That sounds terrifying!

Ragwort Wed 27-Nov-13 13:36:40

Well done, I agree that the 'old fashioned' party games are always really enjoyed smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now