40 replies!!

(6 Posts)
Partytime2 Tue 05-Nov-13 00:07:11

Ok, so now I need to get to work. I have 40 children coming to ds party. I have a guy booked for entertainment and he doesn't seem phased. All I need to do is sort cake, food and party bags. Would cupcakes be best and do I get them made? And what do you feed 40 kids! I guess boxes are the answer but what do kids like in them? And 40 party bags - help! I am thinking of one small item - don't want to spend a fortune on them. Actually, an advent calendar each came into my dreams last night. Would that just seem wierd? Think I need some help. It's my first party and I think I need to wear an L plate : /

I had 60 last year for dd1's party. I did a disco (blaring 1D for 2 hours) and they requested party games, so did musical statues etc. I had a bag of plastic tat left over from party bag as prizes.
Party bags were jellies crisps plastic crap. It was manic but last big party I think as she'll be 9 next year so didn't mind too much

WheresTheHoneyMummy Tue 05-Nov-13 00:19:02

Advent calendars sounds like a great idea! Better than plastic tat. My DD went to a party recently and they were each given a bag of chocolate coins and a piece of cake instead of a party bag. Fab, no plastic crap, just lots of foil wrappers in my car from her eating them on the way home!

Amy106 Tue 05-Nov-13 00:22:52

Food boxes are a good idea...juice box, cupcake, small sandwich, bag of crisps, party napkin and hat. Party bags get handed out right at the end to cut down on the mess...small tightly tied bag with a few sweets and maybe one plastic toy. Plan for some simple games, gift opening and eating time. Ask a few friends or relatives to help you supervise for safety and sanity's sake. And don't plan for too long a time. This many children are bound to be excited all together. Where is it being held? Are the parents planning to stay?

notanyanymore Tue 05-Nov-13 00:24:01

How on earth have you ended up with that many kids? 40? 60??
Sorry, no helpful advice, just shock

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 05-Nov-13 00:41:41

Hahahahahah! That'll learn ya grin

Most won't eat much, so small plain sandwiches, mini sausages, cubed cheese, crisps (gasp) drink boxes - write names on these to avoid confusion and wastage. I wouldn't do boxes. X 40 - expensive and very wasteful.

Party bags = piece of birthday cake, balloon + one more thing.

Have small wrapped sweets and extra balloons to give siblings accompanying collecting parents.

And the very best of luck!
Did someone say 60?
<faints>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now