Strictly Come Dancing Party

(4 Posts)
PoopMaster Wed 06-Nov-13 14:14:13

See, I was wondering about that aspect of face painting too...whether to let them do their own or each other's faces...I think that would depend on their individual abilities, maybe for that bit just hover about next to them in case someone's about to get an eyeful of glitter! grin And maybe go for all-over sparkle and some colour, rather than trying to do intricate designs (unless there are some talented future makeup artists in attendance).

Also here's a tip from an ex-ballroom dancer (when I was little) which I've just remembered: Vaseline on the skin plus normal confetti/thick glitter makes good cheap face decoration!

MarmiteMerriment Wed 06-Nov-13 07:13:33

Thanks poopmaster - yes, I'll definitely be needing wine! I was aiming for 8 kids, but DD couldn't decide & we didn't want to leave just a couple out, so she invited all the girls in her class.

Thanks for those ideas - I hadn't thought about decorating paddles, and like the cupcake idea. What do people think about letting kids this age do each others' facepainting?

PoopMaster Tue 05-Nov-13 10:13:10

Hi OP

Firstly - 10-15 kids on your own shock Hope you have some wine on standby for when they've all gone home!

I'm not an expert on that age group but I'd say:
- get them to decorate their own score paddles (put some crafty bits out like glitter glue, feathers, diamantés etc)
- get some makeup/sparkly face paint for them
- get some cardboard Venetian masks for them to decorate (again same materials as the paddles, these can then be taken home as a souvenir)
- maybe make some cupcakes and get sparkly decorations for them to personalise their own?

I think even if they don't watch the programme they'll probably enjoy doing those things while it's on in the background.

Sounds like a great idea for a party anyway, I'm sure it will be fab!

MarmiteMerriment Mon 04-Nov-13 21:34:07

My soon-to-be-7-year-old DD is obsessed with Strictly! So we are doing a SCD birthday party at home at the end of the month. We'll have 10-15 6-7 year old girls, and I could really do with some help with ideas. I've got the food, cake and decorations sorted (I think - suggestions very welcome). DD is determined that everyone will watch the show (party is on Saturday evening) and score the dancers. Some of her friends watch the series, but there will be at least some who don't, so I need some activities to keep the non-watchers happy.

I'd like to do something with score paddles - but the best I've come up with so far is these http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/pirate-biff-bats - although I'm a bit daunted about trying to spray paint 15 of them. I'd be happy with silver card circles stuck on kebab sticks or something, but no idea where to source them.

Any ideas for brief activities before tea/program? What do you think would work for keeping everyone happy while some watch the program and some (probably) don't? I'm hoping to have a friend to help me, but it's possible I'll end up doing the whole thing on my own.

Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now