Dinosaur party

(6 Posts)

DS2 has announced he wants a dinosaur party at home for his 4th birthday. There will probably be 9 or 10 children in total. Have duly ordered a dino-related craft activity and party bag fillers from Yellow Moon, but apart from 'pin the tail on the T Rex' and 'dinosaur's footsteps', can anyone suggest some dino-related games?

TIA

barefootcook Sun 27-Oct-13 06:43:15

I had a similar party for my DS3. We filled a very large fish bowl with plastic dinosaurs set in green jelly. We called it the dinosaur swamp and the children dug for a dino. The Dinos were washed and put in their party bag at the end. They loved it!

Play "sleeping dinosaurs" instead of sleeping lions; musical dinosaurs (aka musical statues but they have to walk round like dinosaurs then freeze into a dinosaur shape when the music stops) etc etc

SchrodingersHat Mon 28-Oct-13 19:46:53

I had a similar party earlier this year for my DD aged 3. What went down really well was a treasure hunt. The prize was some dinosaur eggs - salt dough made with coffee grounds which when fresh looked like a poo but when dry looked like a rock/fossil. After bringing them inside they broke them open to find a mini dinosaur (I bought a big tub of 50).

And something to do if you can sew. I made dinosaur tails for all the kids. Made them feel more like dinosaurs when doing the party games. Apart from the stuffing I didn't need to buy anything, all the fabric was from my stash.

I'll dig out the links later. grin

SchrodingersHat Mon 28-Oct-13 20:55:42

Dinosaur eggs here. Rather than bake them I dried them out for several days and just finished off those that weren't quite hard enough in a low oven on the day of the party. I used footprints as the clues, ie follow the footprints to find the eggs. Tails pattern, really easy to make.

Great - thanks for the ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now