DVD suggestions for 7th birthday party please!

(4 Posts)
naicehameggandchips Mon 28-Oct-13 22:14:38

On here I was recommended Pixar short films - my dd had about half an hour of her pretend sleepover party where they watched it and it went down well. As each bit only lasts about 10 mins, they don;t have to concentrate too hard, but still enjoy it

Fridayschild Mon 28-Oct-13 15:24:00

Hop - funny cartoon about rabbits

3bunnies Sun 27-Oct-13 21:19:50

Make sure the movie isn't too long - dd had one for her 8th and despite being generally well behaved girls, they were excited and got bored quickly so then some started chatting which annoyed others who wanted to watch. I did have a few bits in another room plus food for them to come and have but still wasn't the easiest party. Bizzarely was easier doing craft & games with 6yr olds, I think because they were always busy and moving on. Also at that age you either need to have a U or if PG then check with parents.

I would say go for something short (1hr or so), funny and fairly action packed. Have back up plan too. Or even two short films/episodes with food in the middle / back up plan of games if they are seeming bored.

Film related games could be who am I where you stick a picture/name of film character to forehead/back and they have to go around asking each other yes/no questions to find out who they are. Or charades? We also did bear stuffing so they had a toy to snuggle up with.

smudge74 Mon 21-Oct-13 11:13:01

Any ideas/ tips for a cheap and cheerful 'cinema' party at home gratefully received.

Especially a good movies suitable for Suitable for boys and girls age6/7 and not to scary.

Thank you mumsnetters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now