Dd's 5th birthday in mid december

(3 Posts)
Kazza42 Tue 15-Oct-13 19:09:33

My daughter's birthday is in mid december. It is the first birthday since moving to the UK and she wants a party. I am due to have another baby two weeks later and the thought of entertaining a dozen or so kids fills me with dread. I really want to give her a party as she is so excited about making new friends in reception this year but, good grief, I am really not looking forward to it. What can i do to make an easy but enjoyable birthday for my girl and her friends?

mousmous Tue 15-Oct-13 19:17:21

can you bring it forward (not unusual in england)?

we are in a similar situation and will have the party in november so that we don't clash too much with christmas/holidays.

as for the party: hire a hall + entertainer. pile of chrisps and haribos....

I think this is what soft play centres are for! Not a huge fan, but kids love it. They can wear themselves out and staff will do the catering (and clearing up).

A hall and a boucy castle is another option, and some secondary schools will do a sports party where you get a couple of teenagers who run various games for the kids then all you have to do is feed them.

Second the idea of bringing it forward by a couple of weeks too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now