DS wants a Tree Fu Tom cake...

(4 Posts)

...and they don't appear to exist in an easily-bought complete cake.

I wouldn't mind having a stab at making something, but I won't exactly be appearing on
Bake Off anytime soon-I probably bake about 3/4cakes a year currently.

They normally turn out ok, but this is DS's first birthday party (he will be 4) and he's very excited about the cake bit!

Tips on making a cake "tree-fu-y"? Or better still anywhere I can get the complete article that won't cost daft amountsof money?

(Nb - have actually celebrated his bday previously, but just as special family tea and day out thing, not invited friends thing!)

Balonder Sat 05-Oct-13 08:42:28

You could make any shape cake, cover it in green icing and maybe fondant leaves to make it tree-like and get some tree fu action figures to go on top. The toys can be kept. I did this with an octonauts cake recently. The cake was quite plain but the little figures were a big hit.

cindersinsuburbia Sat 05-Oct-13 08:42:58

No ideas how to do it free hand, heres some cake toppers on ebay though

cake toppers

Ooo - didn't know you could get rice paper cake topper thingys!

Ok, think a plan is forming - involving green fondant icing, rice paper characters and maybe orange coloured buttercream filling masquerading as magic sap! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now