'experience' present for a 9 year old

(8 Posts)
geogteach Thu 03-Oct-13 21:42:59

DS is 9 in a couple of weeks and doesn't really know what he wants so I thought of taking him somewhere or doing something instead of buying a 'thing'. First idea was sleepover at natural history museum but that is for a minimum of 5 kids and a bit steep for that number and was really thinking of something special for just him to do with DH or myself. Anyone got any suggestions?

LEMisdisappointed Thu 03-Oct-13 21:44:48

Horse riding? family lesson?

My DS went hawking for a day with DH for his 9th birthday.

bonzo77 Thu 03-Oct-13 21:56:09

Horse riding. Rock climbing / pot holing / abseiling / kayaking. Cooking class. Zoo keeper for a day. Paintballing. Indoor skiiing.

Tommy Thu 03-Oct-13 22:02:05

when DS2 was 9 we went had a den-building party at a country park. Great fun

geogteach Thu 03-Oct-13 22:18:28

Where did you do hawking stealth? He would love that, we are in the South East. He might also like cooking but lots of the things I've researched you need to be older anyone know anything specific where 9 year olds are welcome? The outdoors type stuff he gets to do with cubs so looking for something different to that really. Thanks for suggestions so far!

PerditaXDream Thu 03-Oct-13 22:21:46

We've just taken dd2 to see the Horrible Science show for her birthday, she loved it. Last year we did the Horrible Histories show.

PerditaXDream Thu 03-Oct-13 22:25:57

Forgot to say they are both touring shows and I think there's a new Horrible Histories show starting soon. Dd2 is also 9 by the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now