gift ideas for a my two yo dd

(9 Posts)
Snowgirl1 Mon 30-Sep-13 12:09:28

I think 3birthdaybunnies suggestion is a good one - getting family to buy gifts from you to give to your DD.

Could family buy accessories to go with toys they're already got? e.g. More trains for their train set?

Ticket to a local attraction is also a good idea - still something for your DD to open and get excited about.

Agree with Seashell that you can never have too many books.

If you really do want money, then I'd ask for them to buy children's bonds or something like that so that they know it's in your DDs name and isn't going to get used to buy boring, everyday stuff that you're going to need to buy for her anyway.

Sorry about the double post.

Doll or doll accessories (buggy, highchair etc)
Happyland - there's sets for every budget
Crafty stuff - felt pens, activity books, feathers, pipecleaners, coloured card, stickers, glitter, paints
Books - you cannot have too many books
Wooden train set
Tea set or toy food (the Melissa and Doug sets are nice)
Duplo (the number train and the creative cakes set are popular with my 2 year old)
Soft toys
Jigsaws (tiny ones, or big floor ones you can do together)
Dressing up clothes
Tool set
Story or song cd
Children's DVD
Pass to a local attraction eg. petting zoo if you have one
Children's gardening set and seeds
Plastic figures eg schleich or papo
Playdoh and cutters or tools
Apron or kid's baking stuff

Doll or doll accessories (buggy, highchair etc)
Happyland - there's sets for every budget
Crafty stuff - felt pens, activity books, feathers, pipecleaners, coloured card, stickers, glitter, paints
Books - you cannot have too many books
Wooden train set
Tea set or toy food (the Melissa and Doug sets are nice)
Duplo (the number train and the creative cakes set are popular with my 2 year old)
Soft toys
Jigsaws (tiny ones, or big floor ones you can do together)
Dressing up clothes
Tool set
Story or song cd
Children's DVD
Pass to a local attraction eg. petting zoo if you have one
Children's gardening set and seeds
Plastic figures eg schleich or papo
Playdoh and cutters or tools
Apron or kid's baking stuff

partyprincesz Wed 25-Sep-13 06:54:57

lego,color books,glitter pens

Can they buy some of the toys from you to give to her? Or club together for something big - Christmas and birthday money for two dd got them a wooden playhouse in the garden, still going strong 5yrs on rather than the plastic tat/ clothes which have long since been abandoned.

SeashellHoarder Tue 24-Sep-13 06:49:28

Oh, I agree it's a bit cheeky to ask for money. Also people want to give something your dc can unwrap.

SeashellHoarder Tue 24-Sep-13 06:48:01

Hi, I tend to ask for their favourite children's books from that age. We have received lovely ones and now have a wonderful book collection.

Also people can choose to buy more than one but there is no pressure to spend more than you have. (books often cost £5-£7).

Hth

Daisypops Mon 23-Sep-13 21:26:06

I've gone to town a bit with presemts for dd. Its her birthday next week. Now family members are asking what to get her and I have no idea.
We have lots of clothes, shoes and toys of every kind.
Can anyone recommend anything or does anyone have any suggestions. I feel cheeky asking for money confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now