To feed or not to feed, that is my question

(12 Posts)
Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 11:52:16

I haven't used Mumsnet for years but I have a question I'd like a selection of opinions on.

So - my DD3 is about to turn 6. She didn't want a party and has instead invited 6 of her friends to a local show. It starts at 2pm, finishes 50 minutes later.

I was thinking 3pm was too early for tea and they would have had lunch before. If I was taking them for tea then I'd drive them all to the local Pizza Express.

If I take snacks 7 drinks with me for the duration of the show and then take them all for an ice-cream to Baskin Robins after is that cool do you think or would you expect your DD to be fed if she were invited?

TIA x

I would expect them to be fed. Early tea at 4 ish would be fine, pizza sounds perfect. Plus, to get to a show at 2pm they will probably have had a pretty early lunch?

Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 11:57:45

Yeah I'm thinking people expect their kids to be fed, but show finishes at 2.50 and restaurant is 1 minute down the road so it's a REALLY early tea. We'd be at the restaurant by 3.10 at the very latest! Hmmmmmm.

Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 11:59:10

All parents live locally so they would have to leave their houses at 2.30 to get to show in time. Wouldn't have to have been a hugely early lunch and I would of course give them snacks and drinks during he show.

pizzaqueen Tue 17-Sep-13 12:05:33

I think snacks during show then out for ice cream is fine and a lovely birthday treat! Just make it clear on the invite that's what the plan is.

As they'll be with you 2pm-4pm ish and live locally they won't be missing a family meal time so can eat with their families at home.

treadheavily Tue 17-Sep-13 12:06:59

Not at all. I think a show and an ice cream is lovely.

Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 12:07:04

It's great when I get an opinion I was hoping for! He heeee!!!!! wink

Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 12:08:11

Ok, feeling less guilty about not giving them a big meal now, thanks.
2 - it's ok. and 1 - not so ok.

TeamSouthfields Tue 17-Sep-13 12:12:13

Snacks and drinks during the show and ice-cream after would be fine...

Make these plans clear to the parents tho !

Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 12:16:00

Yes, I'll make sure that I am clear about food plans if we decide just to do snacks and ice-cream, thank you xx

BeGoodElliot Tue 17-Sep-13 12:19:57

Agree that snacks/ice cream is fine within those times!

But I actually wanted to say Wow!! at your DD3 turning 6, I remember your posts from years ago! grin How time flies. (I've been here for years but name change often!)

Thomcat Tue 17-Sep-13 12:25:22

Hi BeGoodElliot - thanks and that's nice of you. Yeah 6 going on 16!
DD1 just started at secondary school!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now