6 year olds party- DILEMMA

(9 Posts)
krisskross Mon 16-Sep-13 20:58:08

my DS is in year 1. were having a birthday party for him next week at a local soft play, so we're paying per head. Lots of parents have been saying there wont be whole class parties this year, so we decided to just invite all the boys in his class.

He doesnt have any special friends really, but is gradually coming out of himself. Since we booked the party, i spoke to the mother of one of the girls in his class who said how much my DS and her DD they play together, which he has since told me. She then invited him to her party (not a whole class party).

i don't know what to do now, i feel as if i should also invite this girl- but then she will be one girl with just boys. Then if i start asking other girls there will always be someone i am leaving out and i cannot afford to ask everyone. When we'd invited all the boys it felt fair. Now i dont know what to do!! Advice please!!

krisskross Mon 16-Sep-13 21:20:42

bump...

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 16-Sep-13 21:24:04

Stick to your original plan. It's going to get very complicated otherwise.

You could always invite this girl for tea one night if they get on really well.

Shakey1500 Mon 16-Sep-13 21:27:12

I'd just be honest with the girls's mum. Explain you didn't realise they played together and outline the reasons above why she hasn't (nor any other girl) been invited. Say you'd love to make it up by as PP says, inviting her round to tea etc.

Honesty is best policy here I think.

krisskross Mon 16-Sep-13 21:27:16

thanks for responding....perhaps that is best.

Would agree with talking to mother about it. One of dd2's friends would quite happily just go to girls parties as the only boy, and he is sad when he's not invited to girls parties and doesn't actually enjoy the boys parties much. See what she thinks her daughter would be happiest doing.

PeppiNephrine Wed 18-Sep-13 22:58:45

Just invite her. Boys, girls, does it matter?

MikeOxard Wed 18-Sep-13 23:17:56

Invite her, they're friends!

Kemmo Wed 18-Sep-13 23:21:23

Ds1 went to no parties one year because all his friends were girls and they all had girl only parties.

Just saying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now