uninvited children

(5 Posts)
bananacarnival Sun 08-Sep-13 14:20:52

Should I apologize To the parents of the children that DS (8) is choosing not to invite to his small intimate party? Two children in his class (former friends, plus I'm close to the parents) are going to be very upset when they find out that they're not invited. One particular boy gets very emotional when he hears about parties he's not invited to. His mother usually kicks up a fuss and the child, who's very emotional, ends up on the guest list. DS particularly dislikes this boy, they were close friends in reception but now in year 3 he has a very small cluster of 3-4 friends he adores.

Should I politely apologise to the parents of these children? Anything I could say to soften the blow?

I've warned.DS that if he's going to exclude former friends then he must keep quiet about the party. But he's a child and it will be discussed no doubt

Thankyou!

MrsJamin Sun 08-Sep-13 14:22:24

I wouldn't go out of your way to apologise, it will only give them the opportunity to complain, it sounds like.

ExitPursuedByADragon Sun 08-Sep-13 14:24:31

Nope. If they have the brass neck to bring it up just point out the size of party and the fact that your sons don't seem to spend much time together.

MrsMongoose Sun 08-Sep-13 14:36:57

Nope. You're going to have to be very are faced about this. Keep quiet, say you're not willing to discuss if anyone challenges you or fall back on 'its not really a party, it's only two kids having a treat, we couldn't afford anymore!'

bananacarnival Sun 08-Sep-13 15:37:15

Right, that's very helpful. Many thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now