Whole class party?

(9 Posts)

If she tends to play with mainly girls then maybe just invite the girls- that could half the invitiees and make a slightly calmer party which might suit her better.

raisah Sat 24-Aug-13 06:11:41

www.costco.co.uk/

Buy in your food & drinks from the wholsalers & you will save money.

Mutley77 Tue 20-Aug-13 14:01:49

Yes I would, sounds like a good plan in your situation. I did large (not whole class) parties for DD in reception and year one and I think it helps to give them more friendship options.

duckiedaddles Tue 20-Aug-13 13:29:32

Thanks very much for replying. Still in two minds, maybe will just ask DD what she wants.

helsbels03 Tue 20-Aug-13 13:25:15

I would opt for a soft play, just bring a cake party. You quite often get a voucher in the party bag ( they provide) that can lead to an opportunity for a group of you to go together. And then if you invite the whole class everyone will be catered fit, even 4 yr olds who like to run riot for an hour and no mess/ breakages at home.

DameDeepRedBetty Tue 20-Aug-13 11:27:09

We did a whole class party in Reception for just this reason. It was exhausting but the dear little things all enjoyed themselves grin and dtds got lots of reciprocal invitations. They're still great mates with a lot of them ten years later.

Teachers/TAs were very helpful in making sure invitations definitely got put in parent's hands rather than vanishing into book bags never to be seen until the end of term.

I'm not keen on whole class parties as a rule, but they can be great in reception. Not only does it get around the 'who to invite' dilemma there will be lots of reciprocal invites where you'll get to meet and chat with other parents.
Then in Y1, you can settle down with doing the smaller 'at home' parties and normal service is resumed.

Floggingmolly Tue 20-Aug-13 11:12:36

Yes, it's fairly usual to have whole class parties in Reception for just this reason. Bite the bullet; you'll have the joy of 29 reciprocal invitations too grin

duckiedaddles Thu 15-Aug-13 13:52:39

Apologies as I am sure this has been done to death but I am in a quandry over DD's birthday party. She starts reception in September and will be 5 at the beginning of October. We don't know very many people at the school as are fairly new to the area. She is very quiet around other children, didn't make any friends in the nursery class (same school) but is adamant she wants a birthday party. Previously these have been at home with kids and parents (but more our friends), with party games and cakes. I would happily do a small party for her and 6 girls if she could name 6 to invite but I don't think that in the short space of time between starting school and her birthday she will have made many new friends (I could be wrong of course). So I am wondering whether to go to town and have a whole class party, to take away the "who to invite" stress, and perhaps give her (and us) a bit of a social bump. I am very nervous of doing this but perhaps is best option. Anyone else faced this dilemma?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now