Garden and Indoors Treasure hunt for 5 year olds

(5 Posts)
rara67 Thu 25-Jul-13 11:21:23

Has anyone done this and if so please can I crib it!? DS's birthday tomorrow and party in garden on Sat. We have a trampoline and climbing frame and have bought a paddling pool and water slide. Also got bouncy castle coming but.....rain is expected at 1pm just as party ends. Doing a BBQ so could leave that til later and then move indoors if needs be. The children have done pirate things at school this term so a treasure hunt would be fun. Many thanks

I did a treasure hunt one year. I herded them into a room with the map to 'study it', while I set up the hunt. Then I let them out. They really enjoyed it. They did it together and I made sure there was enough treasure for everyone.

preeti222 Fri 02-Aug-13 05:51:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

I cut out all the pictures of jewellery from the Argos catalogue, laminated them, and hid them all round the house and garden. Each "treasure" found was swapped for a haribo as it's finder put it in the treasure chest.

Wallpaper liner paper makes good parchment for treasure maps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now