Decorating table for 60th

(4 Posts)
Googlella Thu 20-Jun-13 20:36:27

There are lots of pretty "clip" photo stands, you could dot around favourite pics of MIL with friends and family from the past.
Flower arrangements/vases of flowers.
Gifts/ favours for guests.
Fancily folded napkins.

woody2313 Thu 20-Jun-13 15:44:52

Thanks BabyBouncer - I really like the family tree idea smile

babybouncer Wed 19-Jun-13 20:06:43

A tough one! We went away with my dad for his 60th and we found a whole load of old photos from his childhood and photos of his kids and grand kids at similar ages and photos of his parents and grandparents and stuck them up over the wall. He loved being reminded of things and it proved a great talking point. I wonder if you could adapt this in some way? We also did a family tree, which he also loved - the emphasis was on being part of a heritage, rather than being old!

woody2313 Tue 18-Jun-13 18:25:37

It's my MIL's 60th birthday soon and we're off out for a family meal to celebrate. I've offered to decorate the table (with the restaurant's permission) but am struggling for ideas - she's not exactly excited about turning 60 and would hate balloons and/ or confetti. Anyone on here got any suggestions for how I can make the table look special? Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now