14 year old dd birthday ideas please??

(10 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Fri 14-Jun-13 20:08:06

My dd is 14 at the end of June,she has invited 7 friends over to the house. Do I let them make their own entertainment or try and think of things to keep them amused? Any birthday she has been to recently seems to involve the girls just eating ,chatting,playing on facebook and watching scary films (my dd not into scary films).I thought a chocolate fountain??,gone are the days of pass the parcel or just going to a indoor play place.Thought they might get bored, they could do each others nails.hair etc or maybe thats not cool anymore.Any ideas would be grateful.tia

DrSeuss Fri 14-Jun-13 23:05:17

DIY Pandora bracelet or other jewellery making, bits from eBay?
Cupcake baking and decorating?
Ice cream sundae bar? ( icecream, sweets, sauces etc in bowls)
Dance lesson from a local teacher?
Making pizzas, choose own toppings?
Photoshoot, each to bring a selection of outfits?

georgeclooneyfan Sat 15-Jun-13 00:37:07

Thanks Dr Seuss some good ideas there.I will ask her and see what she thinks,she would like the ice cream sundae bar for sure. I would much rather they did something other than sit on facebook all evening.

deleted203 Sat 15-Jun-13 00:55:55

I'm clearly a crap parent! I don't mind how many of 'em come over as long as I don't have to entertain the buggers! I will happily provide pizza and they tend to watch films and gossip.

preeti222 Wed 19-Jun-13 07:03:56

Well you can hire party entertainers. OR Watching movie and eating pizza, french fries,pop corns,cupcakes and cakes would be great.

Kids Party Characters Los Angeles

WynkenBlynkenandNod Wed 19-Jun-13 07:08:22

DD did a film plus pizza and ice cream for her 14th birthday. Friends were ushered away from embarrassing parents and only returned for food. I think at that age they like to do their own thing without parental input .

NorbertDentressangle Wed 19-Jun-13 07:08:30

Dvd ,popcorn and order some pizzas to be delivered.
Simple, but will keep them happy.

georgeclooneyfan Wed 19-Jun-13 15:51:19

Hi, thanks everyone for your comments. I think they way to go then is pizza,popcorn,sweets, drinks etc and then let them choose a dvd to watch and sit and chat or whatever it is that teenage girls like to do,play on fb or text I guess.My dd is going on about a chocolate fountain,not sure about that though. Yes my husband and I will be ushered into another room and it will just be dd younger brother to keep away (that should be fun!).

Googlella Thu 20-Jun-13 20:40:03

Chocolate fondu sets are a simpler alternative to chocolate fountain . You would probably need two for eight girls. My dc love these with lots of chopped fruit and marshmallows.

georgeclooneyfan Fri 21-Jun-13 21:19:28

I never thought of a fondue, good idea thanks Googlella. I was having a look on Argos website there are a few on there, think I will just go and reserve one, looks like they would be alot easier to clean as well instead of a chocolate fountain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now