Party bag ideas?

(11 Posts)
Huffpot Wed 29-May-13 12:48:07

Having a joint party for my 2 DS's (as only a month apart for birthdays) and will be 3 & 4 years old.
Any ideas for party bag gifts? Don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to give plastic crap.
Party guests will be boys and girls and youngest 2 years old.
I did books last year and some plastic stuff.

We've been given plastic plates/cutlery from Ikea once which was a nice idea.

Am trying to be organised this year smile

nextphase Wed 29-May-13 20:36:54

We've just had a hula hoop and frisby in place of a party bag. Very popular with the boys in this house. Think they had blue/green for boys and pink/orange for the girls.

DeskPlanner Thu 30-May-13 11:03:47

Buy a set of books from the book people and split them up.

Bubble wands from the £1 shop.

jansmum Sun 02-Jun-13 10:45:53

For party bag ideas try www.chelseaparties.co.uk. Its got some good offers at good prices and I found their telephone service particularly friendly and helpful

PoppyWearer Sun 02-Jun-13 10:47:46

DD got a bubble wand and a slice of cake at a party once and was thrilled to bits.

PoppyWearer Sun 02-Jun-13 10:49:03

I've also seen a single plastic football given as a gift. I thought that was a good one.

Am doing books this year.

I did traditional party bags for dd's 2nd birthday recently. I put in some stickers (i did monsters to be relatively gender-neutral), bubbles, a little car (£1.99 for 30 from poundsaver - triumph), a little choc bar and a box of raisins. No one complained to my face.

I got the stickers and bubbles on amazon, cheapest I found. I set a limit of £1 per bag, but ended up spending less in the end.

fuzzpig Sun 02-Jun-13 11:03:13

This year I've bought tall character tumblers as they were down to 99p each in a local toy store (not a whole class party though). I'm going to fill them with stuff (mostly sweets, but also these as I love them!) and wrap them in cellophane.

everydayaschoolday Fri 21-Jun-13 02:00:54

I've just bought these from dotcomgiftshop for gift bags: grow a plant in a tin. Down to 39p each

www.dotcomgiftshop.com/plant-can-growing-kits

stealthsquiggle Fri 21-Jun-13 23:22:45

Bubble wands and footballs have both been popular in this house.

preeti222 Mon 24-Jun-13 06:06:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now