Keeping sausages hot and mid-afternoon food

(8 Posts)
fruitstick Thu 18-Apr-13 21:05:08

Right. Poisoning. Not good. grin

I wouldnt give them hot food. What about sandwiches/rolls plus crisps and cakes, sweets, etc. Saves trying to keep food warm and you wont risk food poisoning.

PseudoBadger Thu 18-Apr-13 19:23:20

If you're keeping things hot then to make sure you don't poison people you need to keep them above 63 degrees - can you do that?

PoppyWearer Thu 18-Apr-13 19:20:26

Am sure I've seen hotdogs (just the sausages, obv!) being kept warm in a normal flask before.

Would that work, if you have the buns separately?

fruitstick Thu 18-Apr-13 19:14:57

Do you think a slow cooker would work? If I heated it, then wrapped it in foil and a towel?

fruitstick Thu 18-Apr-13 14:33:23

Well yes, but I think they'll be hungrier than that

grin

HorribleHaircut Thu 18-Apr-13 14:31:07

cake?

fruitstick Thu 18-Apr-13 14:27:31

DS is having an 8th birthday party this weekend. It's at a local sports hall so they'll be running around for 90 minutes.

It finishes at 3:30 so I figured they will already have had lunch , and it will be too early for tea, so I wanted to give them snacks instead.

I thought about hot dogs but there is nowhere to warm food up so I'd have to cook them before hand and (possibly) keep them hot for a couple of hours. Is there anyway that can be done?

If not, can you suggest any other post - activity snacks that might do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now