Christening presents for 4 children?!

(12 Posts)
CalmingLava Mon 18-Mar-13 19:29:47

My friends children are being christened all together in a few months. There ages are going to be 7,6,4 & 6 months.

What on earth do I get them?! Me & my ex (DS's Dad) are going to go halves and get presents together as we've been invited together & are both friends with them, so I could prob spend a bit more than I would if doing it on my own, but I think £20 per child would be about our budget. Does that sound enough?! confused

Neither of us are Godparents if that makes a difference!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 18-Mar-13 19:32:50

Money box? I got a lovely digger one for a christening so at least it got some use.

CuriousMama Mon 18-Mar-13 19:34:31

What about paying for a joint trip out for them all? Ask the parents perhaps? I wouldn't buy trinkets etc.. as they only end up in a box in the loft. Keep sakes sound nice and look nice at the time but when do you ever see them again?

CalmingLava Mon 18-Mar-13 20:53:51

Both great ideas, thank you. I'll speak to my friend and see what she says re. a day out.

I think £20 each is very generous. What about a nice copy of a classic children's book each?

Lotkinsgonecurly Mon 18-Mar-13 21:30:25

Agree, £20 each quite generous. I would go for a nice age appropriate book each.

HotCrossPun Mon 18-Mar-13 21:34:46

What about something like this? It's quite expensive so it could be a present between them with all their names on it.

CuriousMama Mon 18-Mar-13 22:39:40

Meerkat Experience. Probably nowhere near to you but something on those lines may appeal? Plus it's helping raise money for animals. Or something else that interests them?

CalmingLava Wed 20-Mar-13 08:20:38

Hot cross Curious mama

I love that box HotCross. What a lovely idea!

I genuinely am clueless on the cost
of christening presents, but if £20 isn't the norm then I'm quite happy to lower our budget!

That does look good CuriousMama but yes unfortunately it's nowhere near me!

Another friend has just invited me to her kids christening, which is 2 weeks away!!

CalmingLava Wed 20-Mar-13 08:22:31

Ignore your names at the top of the post, I was writing it whilst dealing with DS!

CuriousMama Wed 20-Mar-13 14:54:56

£20 per child is a lot. Maybe spend £50 on all 4? Hope you find something.

sashh Tue 26-Mar-13 05:01:23

Jewelry, coins, champagne to be opened when each is 18.

The royal mint do some nice coins.

Silver is traditional, you could get each a cross on a chain or a medal of 'their' saint if they have saint's names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now