Present ideas for girly 9 y.o. girl and tomboyish 12 y.o. girl (£15 or less)

(7 Posts)
printpress Fri 08-Mar-13 20:25:36

Need to get presents on behalf of my in-laws for these two sisters. I've got a much younger boy and have NO IDEA what these girls would like.

The younger girl is quite girly and seems to be into jewellery, etc. and the older one is very tomboyish. She's often listening to music or reading but no idea which artists/authors she's into.

MrsMushroom Sat 09-Mar-13 08:06:04

I'm coming on thread because I also need ideas! I want a gift for a sporty 9 year old girl and am stuck too!

WhereMyMilk Sat 09-Mar-13 08:14:52

Books for both? DD (8) has just devoured all three Madam Pamplemousse books by Rupert Kingfisher-they are lovely.
For the older one, try Eva Ibbotson-the journey to the river sea, the star of Kazan and the dragonfly pool are beautiful imaginative books. I loved them!

WhereMyMilk Sat 09-Mar-13 08:15:57

Or any crafty stuff in the Entertainer-DD has a lovely making your own jewellery set from there

LadyIsabellaWrotham Belgium Sat 09-Mar-13 08:23:20

For the 9 year old the Klutz Paper Fashions book is just brilliant. DD has played the hell out of it since Xmas. There's loads of different editions, so you could get a fairy one if that's what she's into. Tenner from Amazon, John Lewis or various other sources.

orderinformation Fri 15-Mar-13 22:25:42

Book tokens

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Fri 15-Mar-13 22:29:14

Rock n hopper or swingball?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now