Shirley's party advice part 5 - Here to Help - come and say Hi

(954 Posts)
Blatherskite Thu 28-Feb-13 12:54:01

Didn't notice we'd gotten to the end of the thread!

I hope you thumped him, DW.

No plans for birthday - DS has school exams that day, and DD has failed to organise DH into organising a party smile. We are going out for very very nice lunch the week after when DC are on half term.

Are you not on half term now? Are you blathers?

We are, and dh has the week off so we're doing "holiday at home" packed lunches at the ready its day trips each day and swimming if we get back in good time each afternoon. The last time he had time off was chicken pox week and he spent the time fetching/carrying whilst we were house bound!

Nope, wierd half term dates again (handy if you plan to go away, a bit of a pain otherwise).

Blathers is out on the town tonight envy (or so says twitter)

I hope your "holiday at home" works out this time, DW. It sounds fun.

Blatherskite Mon 27-May-13 15:52:18

Half term started on Friday for us. DD is back on Monday but DS has an extra day off so we're planning a day of fun for just the two of us. Thinking I might take him to the cinema and then maybe out for lunch as DD is in for 5 hours that day.

I was indeed out on the town last night. Friends were late so I'd had a good few cocktails before we even started eating last night and then carried on until about 2am! The alcohol did it's usual trick though and I was up at 6.30. I've done well today on 4 hours sleep although I'm knackered now.

Mum was down last night to babysit and DSis and Nieces came down today. We've BBQed and played in the garden in the glorious weather. It's been really, really lovely.

Glad you had a great birthday, Blathers. I have to survive this week (4 flights and about 8 hours of presenting for which I am pathetically unprepared) before I think about mine.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 28-May-13 11:23:10

Just thought I would pop back on to see what everyone is up to now. You all helped me to plan a mr tumble party for my daughters last year so I thought I'd have a nosy at what you're planning now.

Think this was a mistake though as I've now decided I want to do a rainbow party for my girls this year and am deciding whether I should throw my partner a party for his 30th in July (I don't think he wants one but reading all your plans I'm getting a bit carried away).

It's so nice that these threads are still going and you're all still here helping everyone plan amazing parties smile

I have to say, I love the rainbow theme - it is unbranded, gender neutral and can be made to work for (almost) any age group.

Can you persuade your DH that he does want a party, do you think? That would be fun..

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 28-May-13 12:05:46

I love it too and I think it will be quite easy as I can just look for bright coloured tableware, baloons etc without having to pay extra for characters. My eldest saw me googling things earlier and was so excited and said she wants a rainbow party, that's her convinced now just to work on dp....

Blatherskite Tue 28-May-13 14:35:36

DD's party went down so well, it got copied by a friend for her DS 2 months later grin

I agree, when i did rainbow party it just worked so brilliantly for all the ages. But the rainbow tutu really made it so MAKE ONE!!!!

glad the birthday went so well blathers! Did stealth tell you where i spent bank holiday?

Blatherskite Tue 28-May-13 20:52:02

No. Where?

ooh, is that DW's left hand I see typing grin? How are you doing?

I can't be the only one not to do rainbow party. Friend is planning joint christening for her DDs and I am in charge of cake - do you think I can persuade her?

Yes left handed. Blathers, karma bit me in the arse. Having laughed at stealth. I spent mon in a&e as wait for it...

I got my arm stuck up over my head, my shoulder was conpletely locked. Hospitalgot it down and ive torn the rotational ligament across shpulder blade. So in a sling..

I did it in my sleep. Dream swimming. blush

Blatherskite Tue 28-May-13 21:21:28

<snort> I, I mean <cough> dream swimming? grin

I'd better not laugh too hard else karma will be getting me next. I wonder what comedy way I can bust my right arm? We've done tripping and dream swimming...I'll text you from A&E when it happens.

I know. And i spent hoouuurrrss with my hand on my head and people kept waving at me thinking i was waving at them! And hospital said "lets put you in a sideroom to save your embarrassment as you do look ridiculous!"

When i rang the outofhours dr at 4.30am he said go to hospital. I said no they'll think im a time waster! He said "no my love, they will laugh at you"

Blatherskite Tue 28-May-13 21:38:03

Well he was right I guess smile

Hope your arm doesnt dampen your birthday spirits stealth sad see im sorry i laughed now. Lesson learnt

Blatherskite Tue 28-May-13 21:53:59

This has been cheering me up recently. You might like it too...

That's funny. A momentary diversion from powerpoint hell. Thank you!

You're on thread #5?? I was a part of the first two!!

Help needed again please.

DS1 is going to be 4, DD1 is going to be 1 on the same day and I can't think of a decent party theme that encompasses both. I am doing 'sugar & spice' for her Christening, so I am staying away from pinks.
DS is into Spider-Man (sort of) and got very excited about having a superhero party - I'm thinking capes as favours, masks as invites.
How do I make that 1yo girl friendly? I know she could be supergirl, but in my head, whenever I think of a superhero party, I just think of old style comic books and it's all very boyish to me.
Is there a complimentary girly theme I could use? Or is there a way that I can feminise the theme? Or is all of this 'boy' thing in my head?

Tune in next week.....................

P.S.
Does Shirley pop in at all anymore?

Blatherskite Wed 29-May-13 22:21:39

Welcome back smile

stealth and I both have dragon obsessed DDs so I'm not sure we're very good at the whole boy/girl divide thing and I'd say Superheros was a brilliant theme for both. I can just imagine your DD in a baby grow with a cape attached looking very, very cute. Maybe swing it towards the Incredibles and you and your DH can dress up too?

There are plenty of girl superheroes - batgirl, supergirl, lots of X(wo)men, cat woman, She-ra, wonderwoman - I'd go for it as is.

Shirley hasn't been around for a while but I do still see her on FB occasionally. She made a kiss ass cake for her DS last week.

Blatherskite Wed 29-May-13 22:33:39

Girly cake topper

This could work

Love the eyelashes on Spidergirl smile

Joint birthday cake

Pink spiderman Not totally necessary imo but defiitely an option.

This one is fun

There are loads! I'll stop now but hopefully they've helped?

Blatherskite Wed 29-May-13 22:35:11

If you do go for it, please make these

Love the idea of Baby Nonsense as JackJack Incredible. He's one of my favourites - his superpower is to have super tantrums - what's not to love grin?

I like the caped crusader lollipops too. Not so keen on the pink... but that's just me.

I vote for superhero families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now