Party advice welcome - 6 year old party but only myself and DP available to help.

(5 Posts)

Thanks...that's exactly what we need I think. It's not a huge hall.

How about something like this? - then all you would need to do would be to build a playlist on an iphone/ipod?

What is the culture on parents dropping and running vs. staying round you? Could you ask a couple of friendly parents to stay and help? Alternatively, what about teenage babysitters? I hired the elder sister of one of DS's friends to help at a party once, at babysitting rates, and she was fantastic - worked really hard, did whatever I asked her to do, and really enjoyed it too.

Bump

PS. We do have ideas for games etc - I just worry about it all falling flat without lots of help!

Hi,

DS has had his heart set on a party in a hall. We have booked a hall and have lots of themed tableware, balloons, decorations etc. We are inviting about 22 but not expecting them all to turn up.

I thought about having an entertainer of some sort but it is very expensive and DS has ideas about his theme himself. He would love a disco-type thing with his favourite music though.

I suppose what I am asking is, did anyone else attempt a party like this alone with just DP and perhaps a young (but adult) relative to help out? Also, I am aware that our pathetic little 9.99 CD player will not cut it to provide music in a biggish hall, but what will we need to make a disco? Can it be hired fairly cheaply?

Thanks in advance for any help. I am feeling a bit nervous. It's in about 3.5 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now