Treasure hunt for 4 year olds

(2 Posts)

DS is having a Superhero party and would like a treasure hunt. I thought I could organise like a Superhero mission but that's as far as I've got!

Any ideas or tips on treasure hunts generally for this age? How many clues should I go for and is it better to get them to do it individually or as a big team?

amazingmumof6 Sun 27-Jan-13 17:19:12

team's better, you can keep them together and create a great atmosphere.

do pirate style (doesn't matter if pirate is not a Superhero!) .

stains some paper with used teabag "juice", dry and tear it in quarters, write instructions/clues on each as to where next clue will be.

you can use silly jokes and the "punchline" is the clue - for example "what do seamonsters eat? Fish and ships!" - so clue is fish --- water - next clue is inthe bathroom etc.

or little nursery rhymes to say or sing is the task or an easy word game or they have to colour something in etc - they will contain the clue. 4 -6 clues are enough.

and the treasure? - buy a loaf of bread that is the shape of sliced bread, but not sliced! IFYKWIM

cut the top off, this will be the lid. take out the soft inside of the bread until you get and empty "box", but don't dig it out too much or the whole thing will collapse!

line it with silver foil, fill with choc coins and gummy bears and candy necklaces etc.

now the fun part. put the lid on and cover the whole thing with choc spread

decorate with silver balls and mini smarties - like studs on a treasure box

then lift the lid a bit and a few more coins in half way, as if box is overflowing

my MIL used to do this for her kids, we've done this for ours - it's a massive hit every time!

(I have some photos, but don't know how to show you - do you know if it's possible for me to send it if you pm me? )

if you have space musical chairs is always fun, and pass the parcel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now