Your best food items to serve at a drinks party

(3 Posts)
nowwearefour Thu 06-Dec-12 12:02:45

oooh my mouth is watering moonlight! thanks!

Bite sized is definitely easier. Means you run less risk of dropping the mulled wine. The last party around this time of year I did had the following for food:

Also, rather than handing anything round, I laid out a table with the bulk of the items and dotted plates with samples around other points in the room.

miniature mince pies (they do take a lot longer to make mind you, as there are a lot more to do)
various cheeses (cut into cubes), plates of crackers close by
cocktail sausages
iced gingerbread shapes
smoked mackerel pate (homemade - mash some mackerel in with natural yoghurt, lemon, chives and black pepper) with crudites and fingers of soda bread for dipping
usual bowls of crisps and nuts

nowwearefour Wed 05-Dec-12 13:52:48

We are hosting a small scale drinks party to say thank you to some people. I want to serve mulled wine, drinks and some food to accompany it. I was thinking food on platters with sticks. It is elderly people from church and they will all (I assume) have already had a main meal. Should I do small mince pies or regular sized ones (thinking drink in one hand, etc). Are 'one bite' items easier? What have you prepared before? I am willing to make things by hand.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now