Party Ideas for 9 year old dd - anyone?

(12 Posts)
Polgara2 Sun 02-Apr-06 22:03:31

It's dd1's 9th birthday in the summer and I am struggling to think of what to do. It has to be anywhere other than in my house though!! She's done a bowling party and a bear factory party before. She doesn't want to go to the cinema. Not that she's fussy mind . So I'm stumped - any ideas very gratefully received.

Hulababy Sun 02-Apr-06 22:04:37

Does she have any ideas of what she'd like to do?

Ice skating? Skiing/sledging? Some form of sports type thing? A meal out with friends?

Earlybird Sun 02-Apr-06 22:05:23

Swimming?

jampots Sun 02-Apr-06 22:05:29

my dd had a Hawaiian party one year which was great. another year she had a horse racing party - i did a thread about it - it was fun but hard workd

jampots Sun 02-Apr-06 22:05:29

my dd had a Hawaiian party one year which was great. another year she had a horse racing party - i did a thread about it - it was fun but hard workd

jampots Sun 02-Apr-06 22:05:30

zebrabra Sun 02-Apr-06 22:07:17

ceramics painting, laser-tag.

soapbox Sun 02-Apr-06 22:09:54

Do you have a climbing wall anywhere near you?

DD did this for her birthday last year with a trip to TGIF afterwards and it was a fantastic party.

A lot of the girls really did go through the fear barrier and the way in which you could see them almost grow from doing so was pretty awesome.

The way the girls all supported each other, helping each other and shouting support for those who were struggling really was pretty magical

Polgara2 Sun 02-Apr-06 22:12:16

Hmmm well she WANTS to have a pyjama party at home but that just aint happening I'm afraid (mean mummy icon required!). What's laser-tag? Is it painful?(for me I mean!) Really wanted something I could just pay for and not have to organise anything myself, will have dd2's 6th birthday 3 weeks after and I am so not a party person.

Polgara2 Sun 02-Apr-06 22:13:28

Oh climbing wall that sounds good, not sure if there is one near though. Do they have instructors on hand? I wouldn't know one end of a climbing rope from the other!

BettySpaghetti Sun 02-Apr-06 22:16:02

ten pin bowling
swimming party (hire the pool with inflatables)
ceramic painting

soapbox Sun 02-Apr-06 22:16:53

LOl - yes, the instructors ran the party for us - we just had to watch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now