DD's 6th birthday..

(7 Posts)
uptothestars Sun 11-Nov-12 23:59:05

Ooh you've all got me thinking now. I like the pizza idea. I'll talk to dd. Maybe give her a couple of options.
Thanks grin

if you have space, and DD is into crafts, why not? It does have to be suitable for 5yos, clearly, but 10 sounds like a perfectly manageable number to me if you have a big enough kitchen / other easy to clean room.

Gender neutral themes - cooking party (get them to top their own pizzas for tea), jungle party, or if DD is determined to have princesses (for example) then combine it with either pirates or knights?

Masflaka Wed 07-Nov-12 12:47:04

Hi there. Ds1 also has his party the week before Christmas. Last year I had 15 5-year olds at home, also a mixture of boys and girls. It was a Dinosaur fancy dress party, but the dress could be any theme (no point in being too dictatorial, imo). So the girls got to be girly in their dresses. As an activity I got them to decorate dinosaur biscuits I'd baked. I put out bowls of green icing, which the boys favoured, and pink icing. The girls just went for that and added more girly sprinkles so everyone was happy. As another activity it was colouring. Even the girls didn't mind colouring dinosaurs. As with the biscuits, most of the girls decided to colour theirs in pinks and purples where the boys stuck to greens and browns. After that it was lunch and after that party games (parcel, musical chairs, etc), all unisex, so it went down a storm! :-) Good luck! This year i@m having ds's party at a church hall though... :-)

oddslippers Sun 04-Nov-12 13:06:07

Remember that although your DD will be six, most of her friends will probably still be five so I would keep the activities simple. They will love the normal party games, have twice as many prepared as you think you need though for your own peace of mind smile

IslaValargeone Sun 04-Nov-12 13:02:11

Get a magician in for an hour to entertain them, we did this, went down a treat.

IslaValargeone Sun 04-Nov-12 13:01:32

Ten 6 year olds decorating cupcakes! Are you mad woman grin
Keep the mess to a minimum, dancing and pass the parcel sounds ideal.

uptothestars Sun 04-Nov-12 12:58:49

DD is 6 the week before Christmas. This year she wants a party at home. There will be about 10/12 children, mainly girls but a couple of boys too, so can't really go with a big girly theme.
Not sure whether to stick with a normal party theme, pass the parcel, dancing etc or do something different like cupcake decorating, crafting etc.

So..anyone have any ideas or suggestions...maybe something you've done yourself??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now