Halloween Party Music Ideas...help!!!

(6 Posts)
Harriet86thf Wed 24-Oct-12 16:24:47

Hi - We have just finished making a 70 track kids Halloween album which could be perfect for you. We have a few free promo versions if you would like one then send me a private message and we will send one over!

Harriet (The Eighty-Sixth Floor Music)

sleeppeacefullybabyboy Thu 18-Oct-12 22:18:35

thank u grin

My DS loves yellow submarine!! oh walk the dinosaur...haha...this reminds me of parties when i was a kid!! Thanks for all the great suggestions!
Any one else?

Alicadabra Thu 18-Oct-12 18:38:43

Our village does a Halloween party every year and almost all the music is vaguely Halloween themed. A few ideas if you want to go that way: Ghostbusters, Thriller, Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon), Monster (The Automatic), Monster Mash, Addams Family, Spirit in the Sky (bit tenuous that one but they won't notice!)

For non-themed stuff, I think my DDs (3 & 6) have slightly, ahem, unusual music tastes (I blame their father) but these are some of the ones DD requested for her 6th birthday party. Any of these are almost guaranteed to get them both up and dancing:
* Monkey Man - the Specials (or the Wiggles version with Kylie if you prefer)
* Wake up Boo - the Boo Radleys (recently used for a trailer on CBeebies so they think it's fab)
* Can You Dig It? - the Mock Turtles (ditto)
* Tubthumping - Chumbawumba (rather inappropriate lyrics so perhaps not suitable for a party unless the parents are very good friends!)
* Buck Rogers - Feeder
* Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
* Can't Get You out of my Head - Kylie
* Macarena - Los del Rio
* Ca Plan Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand (did I mention their father's influence?!)
* I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
* Walk the Dinosaur - Was Not Was
* D.I.S.C.O (and/or Hands Up) - Ottowan
* Barbie Girl - Aqua
* Lion Sleeps Tonight
* Venus - Bananarama (personally I adore the original Shocking Blue version but Bananarama one is probably better for a party)
* Walk Like an Egyptian - Bangles
* Get off my Cloud - Rolling Stones
* Yellow Submarine - Beatles

Hope the party goes well!

sleeppeacefullybabyboy Wed 17-Oct-12 23:49:55

cool thank you smile thats a good start...hmm I'm with you on the annoying-ness haha!! My 3yo DD thinks the Carly Rae one says 'here's my mumma so call me baby' grin its grown on me since as it reminds me of her cute version!!haha

The cha cha slide one. It's bloody annoying.
Gangnam Style. It's bloody annoying.
Carly Rae Jepsen- Call me Maybe. Catchy and not quite as annoying.
Lady Gaga.
You could probably get away with a bit of MJ's 'Thriller'.

Otherwise I'm hopelessly out of touch with modern pop music. Buy the latest Now! CD? lol

sleeppeacefullybabyboy Wed 17-Oct-12 23:19:59

Hi all

Im organising a charity halloween disco for kids aged 8 and under! I'm in desperate need of as many song suggestions as possible that would be suitable for these ages...im looking for good old party songs like oki-coki (sp?), monster munch as well as what ever all the kids are into nowadays one direct etc....help!! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now