What drinks at DD's 11th birthday party?

(8 Posts)
chicaguapa Thu 18-Oct-12 12:59:57

Lol at alcoholic drinks! grin

Mocktails sound like a great idea for a party next year! So I'll bear than in mind.

I'm envisaging them sitting around a fire and cooking this time so quick drinks sound better. J20 seems spot on. I won't have to worry about cups as they can use a straw in a bottle and it feels a bit more special than coke.

Excellent advice, thank you!

Merrylegs Wed 17-Oct-12 20:00:38

You could do mocktails - give them names to suit the party theme - eg Fiery Fizz, Bonfire Bonanaza...

You don't have to make them too ambitious. I use grenadine just to make them look a bit more exciting but you could do a mix of lemonade and a fruit juice and just stick loads of cocktail umbrellas, crazy straws, orange and lemon pieces, perhaps some strawberries etc in.

Get some glow in the dark (drinks) glasses online from somewhere like the Glow company. They look fab and festive in the dark.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 17-Oct-12 19:56:11

If the weather turns nasty and they decamp indoors, if you've got carpets then the best rule is to stick to lemonade and water which don't stain. grin

Waswondering Wed 17-Oct-12 19:53:40

Bottle Green do a lovely cordial called winter berry or something - it's like mulled wine but is just a juice - just add hot water. It's very yummy if you were looking for a hot alternative to HC ...

peanutMD Wed 17-Oct-12 19:50:47

Oh thank God, I thought you meant alcoholic or not reading thread title grin

I'd say Shloer, J20 and maybe some coke and hot chocolate would be good for 11yo's.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 17-Oct-12 19:47:55

11 yr olds like fizzy drinks but you're probably be fine with squash. I'd offer warm ribena, as the alternative to hot chocolate, and squash. I'm sure some do like fizzy but somehow doesn't really seem to go with campfire so I wouldn't bother.

TheDarkestNight Wed 17-Oct-12 19:43:18

Something like Shloer fizzy grape juice is nice, it's nicer than coke/fanta type things and really feels like a treat. Maybe fruit juice too? Hot chocolate seems like a great idea to me.

chicaguapa Wed 17-Oct-12 17:47:41

DD is having a campfire party in the back garden next week cooking sausages, toasting marshmallows and cooking dampers.

I don't know what drinks to offer. I thought hot chocolate as I think it's going to be really cold outside, but what about soft drinks? DD only drinks water (her choice - not me being a meanie) so I don't know whether to get some cans of coke/ diet coke or if fizzy drinks are still a bit no-no at 10/11 and I should stick to Ribena cartons.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now