Has anyone been to F1 at Silverstone, please can I have your advice/experiences?

(27 Posts)
mummyplonk Thu 11-Oct-12 11:03:45

Hiya, I would love to take DH for his 40th to the Grand Prix next year. I am a complete novice at this and after googling for hours am getting myself more and more confused. We only live and hour and a half away but I am thinking would like to stay for a couple of nights as the traffic will be horrendous. I wish money wasnt an issue but I am overwhelmed by the cost of the tickets being about £240 each so am thinking the camping options nearby look fun. Could anyone share their good/bad experiences all advice greatly received especially on accomodation, tickets & travel.

mummyplonk Fri 19-Oct-12 22:09:59

Please shameless bump for anyone who has camped or Glamped x

mummyplonk Wed 30-Jan-13 11:41:31

Tickets booked...am so looking forward to giving him the surprise in April. I took your advice lilmrschatty and have booked some elevated seats in Club Corner. Decided against the camping as it would ruin the weekend if he did not sleep properly. So have booked a hotel in Woodstock by Blenheim Palace which is aparantly 5 miles from the Park and Ride, so have booked us on that too. Shame we dont get the tickets until a few weeks before as would have loved to wrap them up.

Did anyone else book for this year? and have you done the P & R before?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now