Where do I buy chocolate gold coins from?

(17 Posts)
skewiff Tue 13-Mar-12 13:56:32

I need these for a pirate party on Saturday and don't have time, really, to order them from the internet ...

Can anyone think of a shop I could buy them from?

Thank you.

Starbucks have big ones at the counter.

bagelmonkey Tue 13-Mar-12 14:07:48

Do you have a Mr Simms / ye olde sweet shop near you?

bagelmonkey Tue 13-Mar-12 14:08:52
skewiff Tue 13-Mar-12 14:19:34

No there is not one near us.

I need a lot of them - so don't think Starbucks is an option either - not sure if we even have one here ... live in a borough of London with a reeeally rubbish shopping centre. Mostly pound shops. I've looked in these and they don't have gold coins - all gearing up for easter.

Maybe I'll have to buy pirate easter eggs instead ...

I've just looked on amazon and they have them, whether that leaves time for delivery?

so sorry, just checked your message again, :| F&M have them but they are £5 a bag and I think M&S though they might not just now because of the easter stock like you say. Pirate parties are a popular theme so if you have a party shop near you they might? Or might be able to help?

siilk Mon 19-Mar-12 17:47:02

I got mine from tesco party. Buy by the coin. Not to bad really.

PastGrace Mon 19-Mar-12 18:32:36

party pieces have them for £4.64 for 40, and if you pay £6 for delivery (ordering by 1pm tomorrow) they'll arrive by Thursday apparently.

I've also used A Quarter Of and their delivery was ultra quick - if you call them and say you need them soon they will try and dispatch them quickly.

I know it's annoying paying for delivery but might be cheaper than petrol costs/bus fare/parking to trek about trying to find them.

MrsMuddyPuddles Sun 01-Apr-12 00:04:26

Too late for your party, but I saw them at Sainsburrys today, in the normal sweets aisle.

marstonrf Thu 07-Mar-13 22:54:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

5madthings Thu 07-Mar-13 22:55:18

Pound land and wilkinsons had them.

chocolatespiders Thu 07-Mar-13 22:55:56

one year I bought them from Thorntons for dds August birthday party

chocolatespiders Thu 07-Mar-13 22:57:20

Just realised this thread is a year old!!!

MrsGP Thu 07-Mar-13 22:57:24

They definatley had them in our local Thorntons last week so could be worth a try.

chocolatespiders Thu 07-Mar-13 23:03:57

Thread is a year old so probably busy planning the next party smile

WeightyKaty Fri 08-Mar-13 07:25:54

I have bought them from super drug a few times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now