Anyone been to a sublime science party?

(18 Posts)
Herecomesthesciencebint Mon 02-Jan-12 22:00:09

And was it good? Did it keep the kids amused? In midlands area main 2 seem to be sublime science and mad science. We saw the mad science team at the article last year and they weren't overly impressive. All experiences be good to hear about. Thanks

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 08-Jan-12 19:02:55

If it helps, I'm doing a science party for my boy soon. Thought it would be silly to hire someone in (as you may guess from the name....I'm a science teacher). As to whether it keeps them amused, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks!

Hulababy Sun 08-Jan-12 19:05:56

Not been to a science party where someone has been hired. But I have been to a science party where the mum organised herself. I helped out. It went really well and the children had a lot of fun.

If you do a search for Katz on here and science party the details should come up.

Herecomesthesciencebint Mon 09-Jan-12 21:46:25

Thanks both. Don't think I have the confidence to do a whole party myself but found this website and looks good but it's expensive and I'm worried about committing without a personal recommendation.

Anyone used them?

Misscatterpuss Tue 17-Jan-12 22:00:17

Bump. I've been looking at their website today. Are they really expensive? Maybe back to the drawing board

33kns Fri 27-Apr-12 15:08:47

bump lots of bumps. I also want to book but have read one very negative review on th web.

Ah - you mean the hired people. No. I did look but they don't cover our area so we did it ourselves with a lot of help from MN and it was great, if I say so myself

lifeissobusy Sun 29-Apr-12 08:32:52

We had a Mad science party for my DD when she turned 7. It was fantastic - the scientist kept them entertained for an hour without one of them getting bored. They ended the party being shown how candy floss is made and taking that home along with a party bag and cake.

Eggrules Sun 29-Apr-12 08:58:35

My DS had Sublime Science at his 5th birthday party and it was ace. All you need to do is set up a table near and electricity socket and they set out and clear away. Our party was held in a church hall, I think they can do rockets and different things if you do this outside.

We had Toxic Teherah for 30 children. The birthday child is the main assistant and helps with experiments. Teherah engaged with the children and they sat mesmerised and amused. They made goo and sherbet to take home.

We had entertainment first (at their request) and it lasted about an hour. We then had food followed by music and balloons. They provided a link to invitations and thank you notes. Very organised and great before and after care.

I would recommend them.

I am happy to answer and questions you have.

33kns Sun 29-Apr-12 22:17:23

Great thanks. DS very excited so i think i have to go with it now. would attempt a home made version if i didnt have a newborn.

Eggrules Mon 30-Apr-12 09:46:08

There is no pleasing some people. My ds and his friends loved it and they were 4 and 5. IMHO it would be even better for older children.

ontheedgeofwhatever Thu 04-Oct-12 07:59:12

Hi Ive just found this thread. I'm thinking of organising a party for my dd and wondered if anyone else had any feedback on this organisation though they sound very promising fro what Eggrules says

But how expensive are they? I cant tell from their website.

Thank you

SmokyClav Sat 06-Oct-12 01:30:50

We went to a sublime science one last year- the children absolutely loved it (it was for a 6yo girl, whole class type thing). They had hired a hall, so you'd have to factor that in too.

solittletimeandsomuchtodo Sun 25-Nov-12 14:01:01

We went to one and it was terrible. Uninspiring scientist who had no control. Lots of bored children waiting too long for activities. Be careful which leader you choose.

mandeepthemum Fri 07-Dec-12 01:12:03

Not sure how expensive they are but I took my son to one just after halloween and he still goes on about his slime now! He absolutely loved it - it was his friend's 6th party.

HappyHappy33 Tue 11-Dec-12 23:37:27

Just found this thread. We went to one a couple of weeks and it was absolutely brill. A welcome change from the usual parties it was wacky and fun.

wizzler Sun 07-Jul-13 20:54:52

Just looked on the Sublime Science website for a party for DS (about to turn 9)... anyone got any views on whether it would be ok for 9 yr olds, how much it would cost in total, and how to make sure you get a good leader ( we are in Sheffield)

clipey Sun 08-Dec-13 19:35:45

It wasn't good. It was awesome. That's what Thomas the birthday boy says, and also what Mum and Dad say, and so do all the guests. Best birthday party ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now