Party bags- pirate theme

(15 Posts)
FabulousPartyware Thu 18-Jul-13 12:02:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

fivegomadindorset Wed 26-Oct-11 22:21:53

DS has just been to a pirate party, he is 3 by the way, came home with chocolate coins, a small (cheap) plastic telescope, some sweets and a pencil and pad. Also at party boys were giben very small foam cutlass and pirate hat and girls had a crown. Was much enjoyed by all.

coakeyfenn Wed 26-Oct-11 22:19:43

Hey!

Sorry I only just saw this thread, so it may be too late. Have a look at www.easypeasypartybox.co.uk I used them for a pirate party recently and the party boxes were brilliant, and totally hassle free! I would highly reccomend them. Might even order some of their xmas ones!

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 15:22:40

i get a bit carried away for birthdays!
and Xmas decorations too!

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 15:21:50

that's lovely rushofbloodtothefeet

all the activities are taken care of, outsourced that to gymboree!

If I can find 15 moneyboxes, I'll do that.
with chocolate coins and plastic coins for the boys
and sweet bracelets and real bracelets for the girls( i think i have some bracelets left from last year)

and stickers

rushofbloodtothefeet Wed 12-Oct-11 15:03:31

We had a 4 year old pirate birthday. I managed to find some plain card boxes that were vaguely chest shaped (were from a hand made chocolate shop) and we had a craft activity where they decorated them with stick on gems, gold stars and glitter glue. Then we left them to dry while they did treasure hunts for gold choc coins. At the end they went home with their treasure chests containing their coins, a pirate pencil, some pirate stickers and a piece of treasure chest birthday cake. All seemed very happy!

AKMD Wed 12-Oct-11 14:59:49

I doubt it.

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 14:59:15

they are 4, some 5 year olds

maybe they'd prefer the junk!

AKMD Wed 12-Oct-11 14:52:38

How old are these children BTW?

AKMD Wed 12-Oct-11 14:51:56

It depends. If you want to be 'different' then it probably will cost more than the pre-made ones. I'd chuck the pencils TBH. Yes to stickers.

Why not just give the moneybox full of coins and a Lego man as the party 'bag'?

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 14:47:35

yeah, chocolate coins, could get some plain ones too

but then I'm still looking at pirate pencils and stickers, so that all adds up.
What's the average cost of party bag?
the venue can do them for £2.50 each, but I wasn't that impressed with them
15 kids

AKMD Wed 12-Oct-11 14:42:06

Looks good to me. Are you talking about real coins or edible ones?

If the girls are coming to a pirate-themed party then they aren't likely to be squeamish about a box full of chocolate smile Maybe put in a couple of those disgusting edible necklaces/bracelets with a few less coins for the girls?

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 14:35:59

i like those lego pirates. excellent

tell me honestly what you think of this idea
pirate money box

and then lots of coins
I think the boys will like it, but not very pretty for the girls, and can't find an alternative

AKMD Wed 12-Oct-11 13:45:07

I haven't seen a party bag for ages but my suggestions are:

Gold coins: zillions of those around atm for Christmas.

Usbourne Young Puzzles Puzzle Island or Puzzle Pirates: depends on numbers but they won't care if they get a 'used' version that's just got a crease on the back cover.

Some sort of random toy. I did a quick google and found a Lego Pirates Battle Pack on Amazon that contains 4 pirates, a treasure chest and a monkey that you could split between bags.

Junk food, book, toy - check. Just add cake.

witherhills Wed 12-Oct-11 13:33:49

Any original ideas?

keep seeing the same old stuff in party bags.
Anything new?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now