That's not my SHINEY...Yes it fucking is now get over here!

(1000 Posts)
Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 16:01:01

First ever attempt at a Shiney thread...I apologise for the swearing in title, I just coudn't help it. Point all complainers in my direction.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 16:04:55

Jaq - I love you! Fab title grin

Bella here, trying to maintain my weight! Looking forward to meeting the girls again in November (along with some Shiners I still haven't met yet).

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 16:15:35

Oh and I'm jaq trying to lose as much weight as possible. Just started over again last week and so far have lost 12 and 3/4lbs, next weigh in on Monday would be happy with a pound or two.

Glad you like the title Bella, inspired my conversations on the thread the other day grin

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 16:16:42

Oh I like it. But maybe we should have gone into the little cliquey private bit now instead of celebrations?

What do you think?

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 16:22:34

is there a cliquey private bit?

Afternoon, have been to Ikea (sorree bof i took my mum) i bought wine glases, bath mat, pot plant and chest of drawers

then i went to the Next sale, which was a load of shite but i did buy a smart slip dress for work

My nans platelet levels are at the point were she could have a stroke or heart attack any minute, my parents have had to sign all kind of papers so that she can die at home when she goes as she doesnt not want to die in hospital sad

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 25-Sep-10 16:24:24

Oh Vinny, thinking of you and your family,

I am Fanny, I have a long way to go trying hard but things keep happening, need to cut down on bread.

Photos are on FB of new garden and some summer ones.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 16:25:10

Vinny sad

Well seen as we are actually seen as cliquey I suppose it makes perfect sense.... but like Vinny said, is there a private bit? Maybe for the next thread?

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 16:25:38

Oh Vinny, I'm so sorry sad

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 16:29:09

Oh vinny how sad

Sorry didn't realise they had a cliquey section...epic fail on my first ever Shiney thread.

Actually do we want to go in the cliquey bit?

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 16:30:51

You haven't failed Jaq! I didn't know one had actually been set up either grin

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 16:38:22

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 16:38:56

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 16:48:51

Jaw- dont worry! It's new. Shall email them and ask them to move it. All non-googlable and doesn't show up in active cnvos, just threads I'm on. A bit more private. People won't be able to search our posts either.

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 16:54:56

so sorry vinnysad Make sure you all take care of each other.

I didn't know there was a different bit eitherconfused

While i remember, another ipod question. Is there a way to make pages bigger? I was mnetting in bed last night, and couldnt read the pagesblush

I have now managed to put all of my music from windows media player onto it though, so its looking goodgrin

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 16:57:51

Is it a touch screen?

If so, put your finger and thumb together on it and then move them apart while still in contact with the screen. It should expand.

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 17:05:27

ah, thanks for that bof. I think i may have done that by accident once, and couldnt figure out what i didgrin

Once i wrestle obtain it back of mini, i will have a trysmile

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 17:08:52

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 17:13:11

I feel like a reet bad mother...

DS1 and his friends that slept over got a lift into the little market town a few miles down the road (same area as where his school is, so loads of other kids there too). This was mid-morning. He didn't take his phone. He didn't have much money on him. The bus back is a fortune. I said for him to ask one of his friends if he could use their phone to txt or ring when he wanted picking up. I have heard nothing!

DH has come home from being away. He is tired and I am too. We (including DS2) are hungry and said we would have fish and chips. We would like to have a drink too. Managed to find DS1's phone and put it onto charge and looked through for a mobile no of one of the boys - we rang it. He is where he says he was going (no problem there) but he shouted down the phone that he didn't want fish and chips for tea and he wasn't coming home now angry. AIBU to say that DH is picking him up in 10 mins, then going to the chippy for our tea and he is coming home? I have said to DH if he huffs and puffs that he doesn't want fish and chips that he isn't to get him any, he can make do with bread and butter. He is only 13 fgs..

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 17:15:50

When I said for him to txt for us to pick him up, I didn't expect him to still be out - I thought that by mid afternoon I would have heard. I know I am spoiling his fun, but surely I have a right to enjoy my tea and a drink rather than wondering when he will txt?

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 17:15:59

Vinny, that is really sad but glad that your parents feel they can honor her wish to be at home. I suppose in some respect it means that your wish is more likely now. Terribly sad though.

Right we have done the last trip before the building work at Joderall Bank. They close tomo. It has knocked ds a bit but there was a lovely mum who said hang on there I know how it feels when ds kicked off. it was nice, but i feel so lucky that he is so high functioning. Her son is not ablt to incorporate coping strategies so life is harder for her.

We are going to make waffles for tea. I need to get the sound desensitation program up and running as he is doing really badly with it atm and stuff he normally copes with is throwing him., too much change atm.

Five - you pictures look amazing! I think we must have waved in you direction a thousand times when we have been in your neck of the woods over the spring and summer.

Jet - good on you girl.
Jaq - fabulous title
DIB - good luck with stewarding tonight. hope you dont get too cold.
bella - glad you got cleaned up and have some peace.

Right coffee drunk and hungry must be waffle making time. grin nice to have a treat for tea.

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 17:28:04

Oh bella. uanbu to insistes he comes home when you deem fit or to let him have bread and butter if he doesnt what his tea. he is 13. your still in charge no matter how much he huffs and puffs. Stick to your guns!

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 25-Sep-10 17:33:24

Thanks for answering the ipod question, was just about to ask the same.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 17:37:02

Thanks Ouch, I think I have been pretty reasonable with him with the sleep over, making sure they had nice things to eat last night, making bacon butties this morning... Maybe that's the problem that I am too easy going hmm

Lizzylou Sat 25-Sep-10 17:45:47

Great title, Jaq grin

Have been busy moaning and whingeing working and cleaning today.

Boys are feral and driving me bonkers.

Want to live at Fannys.

Hope you are all good, Bella you tell him, he had a big treat with the sleepover yesterday, your turn now.
Ouch, waffles sound good.

Vinny, I am so sorry about your Nan, just hope she isn't in too much pain.

Hope everyone else is OK, off to eat dinner, drink wine and watch more 24.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 17:48:31

I have waffle envy

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 17:59:03

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 18:00:24

Message withdrawn

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 18:20:38

maybe he is tired Bella <<trying to play devils advocate>> But, that is no excuse for shouting - especially after all the trouble you went to. <<fails at the advocate role>>

Bad mother you certainly are not though!

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 18:21:23

The boy has been collected. He is in a foul mood due to lack of sleep. I have explained to him that I didn't want to spoil his fun but enough is enough and seen as he didn't have his phone on him I wasn't prepared to hang around waiting for a call. I have told him to get a shower then go to bed.

Just out of interest Shiney, what colour tights have you worn with your berry coloured dress? I have a soft green sweater and a skirt with the same green in with a berry and blue colour too, would you wear thick cream tights or black ones? I intend to wear boots with said outfit.

Iggi999 Sat 25-Sep-10 18:26:12

Hello, loving the thread title, v easy to find! Wish I could give good DS advice Bella, I am hopeless and am ruled by my 3 year old, who is currently marching around the kitchen telling me what he's having for his tea hmm
I need to toughen up big time!
Very sorry about your news Vinny, what a difficult time for all your family.

Iggi999 Sat 25-Sep-10 18:30:33

Shiney could you run a boot-camp for troublesome children do you think?
You could sort out our offspring while the mums mix cocktails. A drink-in-discipline holdiay camp.

Iggi999 Sat 25-Sep-10 18:30:33

Shiney could you run a boot-camp for troublesome children do you think?
You could sort out our offspring while the mums mix cocktails. A drink-in-discipline holdiay camp.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 18:33:10

Hello Iggi, good to see you. A Shiney Kids Boot Camp sounds fab grin. Yes to cocktails!

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 18:34:54

Message withdrawn

Evening all,

Love the title!! We have to read a different That's Not My....book to DS every bloody night, I feel like smashing my head against the wall each time so the title made me grin

Bella, blimey if one of the DC spoke to me like that I would have marched right over there, dragged him to the car & he certainly wouldn't have got fish & chips. How very rude especially after you let hime friends round last night & he went out today with said friends! Maybe I'm just a cow bag though.

Vinny I'm sorry about your nan

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 18:37:18

I would sign up for boot camp as well!

Check me out, this is from iPod- am feeling very technical.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 18:43:14

jet, I don't know how to put songs on my i-phone blush. S'pose I should learn really...

Tights Shiney, tights! Please answer my question grin

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 18:46:54

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 18:48:36

What colour do you recommend I wear with a pale green, berry, blue and cream above the knee skirt?

I would love to be able to afford Wolford tights.

Party time!

Iggi999 Sat 25-Sep-10 18:53:43

Shiney, am embarassed to say I just clicked on a thread coz it had your name and the word "open relationship" in it - thought I was going to get sex secrets, but had wrong end of the stick!

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 18:54:50

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 18:55:37

Message withdrawn

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 18:56:47

bella - i would love to be able to wear an above the knee skirtgrin

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 25-Sep-10 19:16:09

Jet, I too am hearting the new to me iPod, DD hinks it is hers but I am swiping it to take with me tomorrow on the ferry.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 19:17:07

Well I have only got black tights at the moment so will have to use those. I will look for some patterned thick oatmealy coloured ones.

I fancy some chocolate, but don't have any sad

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 19:20:21

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 19:26:34

I hope you checked Shiney hadn't left any cock pictures on it, Fanny shock

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 19:32:15

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 19:36:21

I do like to look at a bit of cock grin

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 19:44:46

I just got a PM off YetMoreTech sniggering about your cock pictures, Shiney. They must all gossip about you at The Towers.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 19:48:36

<< smirk >>

Shiney, you are tower famous grin

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 19:52:11

I think he just has an alarm that goes off when the words cock and fanny appear in the same sentence.

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 19:52:54

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 19:55:14

Hehehe.

He will see that as a challenge.

I do swap smutty messages with him sometimes. Which DP reads over my shoulder, so that's not bad, right? grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 19:57:48

That's fine BoF - all above board grin

I am soooo looking forward to seeing you again in London << starts to practice drinking sessions >> << lightweight >>

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:00:47

oh god help me this week or i might strangle my kids

ds1 is here because his beloved has gone on holiday and him and ds2 are fighting already angry you would think with a 17 yr age gap they would have nothing to fight about hmm but ds1 is very impatient and shouts at ds2 for minor this then ds2 cries and ds1 gets all agitated i think i might leave home for a week

good job i have wine

whats happening? i need some distraction?

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 20:06:54

I am watching X-Factor.

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 20:07:15

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 20:08:32

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 20:09:31

Oh dear Vin, sibling rivalry.

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:18:14

x factor on here too, ds2 is in bed thank god, ds1 and me are like bookends on each end of the sofa with our macbooks grin

cocks are strictly girl talk

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 20:20:52

i hope the weekend goes ok fanny.

I know what you mean - mini keeps disappearing upstairs to my bedroom, where i find her laid on the pillows, playing all the apps. She says, "no tele mama, i cant hear pod" grin

I have no idea why she has suddenly started calling me mama, but it is very cutesmile

I know i am way late to the party re ipods and ipads, but i am very excited nonthelessgrin I do admit to being mightily confused in argos though while looking for earphonesblush

We have a just short of 10 year gap here, and boy it is hard work sometimes.

I dont know what to do re fb. I have had so many lovely messages from friends saying they missed me, it makes me want to stay on. But, i am still worried over dodgy people trying to find me. It should be ok if i just keep activating/deactivating etc, do you think?

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 20:20:52

New haircut/colour and eyebrows before and after pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

I would myself up so much about ex h's new BMW that I had to go up and have a bath, then I fell asleep for over an hour in the bath and woke up in the pitch black in freezing cold water grin

As soon as I am ready tomorrow I shall try and take some after pics and shall then upload them on here.

Wow only page 2 and cock is already the main topic of conversation grin

Which reminds me Bella is MrBella still being a sex pest grin

I'm getting excited as on Monday I can book my train and hotel for London grin are people at the travelodge booked in for the breakfast as I reckon I will be craving an alchol soaking up fry up before the train journey.

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:24:05

if people are not booked in for brekka, we could all meet up at a greasy cafe for a fry up before we go home?

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 20:31:12

Vinny we will have to look for breakfast somewhere as ours is room only so I am all up for hooking up with anyone else too.

MrB is in love with his Macbook at the mo Jaq, but has promised me a little tlc later on when the boys are in bed.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 20:32:06

Mini sure is cute jet grin

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 20:33:22

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 20:34:08

Message withdrawn

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 20:34:33

Well it would just be inappropriate in front of the boys bella grin

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:36:52

the finnster loves the angry birds app, i will have to download toddler teaser, he also loves the coin drop ones, but so do i blush

Bella thats settled then, the nearest greasy cafe for brekka, everyone else invited grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 20:38:00

I am sure he has licked it many a time Shiney since it arrived last week! The way he fawns over it..

Very jaq grin

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:38:14

i wish i had hair like nicole shitsinger (or whatever her name is)

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 20:40:12

She is lovely envy Your hair is like that though, just a shorter version. Yours is just as shiney if not shinier.

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 20:40:33

I'm happy to go along with everyone else, just need to know if people have already booked or not. I'm actually drooling at the thought of a proper fry up!

DS (4) loves traffic rush, smack it and lets golf. Will have to download the others mentioned.

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:42:15

mine doesnt grow, its gets to this length and stops hmm

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:43:23

well me, bella and bof will be hunting for the nearest fry up jaq so join us anyway!

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 20:44:59

wacksy taxi is a good app for kids

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 20:56:51

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:04:01

i loose hair everyday, my hair gets everywhere, and i am forever unblocking my plughole (oooer)

ds1's girlfreinds mum and dad keep texting him and said they miss him already and he is welcome to stay with them while his gf is away, they can sod off i have made his bed up for him and im cooking him a roast and everything tomorrow grin

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 21:04:46

its nots uncommon this time of year, or if you iron levels are low or if not getting much sleep or if mineral deficiency or with some meds. wouldnt worry if it doesnt get too bad shiney. Try sticking you hair in very cold water after washing it. its supposed to help. hmm

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:06:14

shiney unless it is coming out in clumps and you have bald patches, or it is has become incredibly thin, then dont worry, its normal to loose hair everyday

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:07:33

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 21:07:54

I pull out handfulls in the shower, but I have plenty to spare, and I suppose I never brush it, so it's probably just what should come out anyway.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:07:56

Too right Vinny, keep him with you grin

I lose hair every day too. Completely natural to.

Hello Ouch, how were your waffles?

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 21:08:18

Same goes for the hair on my head.

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:11:39

grin

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 21:18:18

grin Bof - i just got your hair joke!

I will look at all those apps ta, i can see me spending a fortune on them! I managed to wrestle it off mini, only for junior to grab it. May be my turn at bedtimehmm

I am up for brekkie. Not sure where i am staying yet - either at lovely friend's house in croydon (but can get tube back in), at hackney, or in hotel in centre. 1st choice would be dear friend, as we dont get to see each other much, but she is not sure if she will back home in wales for a birthday that weekend. But, cutting through all the waffle, i will be around.

Being serious for a min, I really urgently need to get back on track with keeping an eye on what i am eating - weight it creeping slowly back up, and i am determined not to get back to where i was before. I guess i should really log back on to the lord, and make a big effort. Digital scales have broke though, so i cant weigh food out, and while i do have the money to get new ones, every penny is supposed to be going for the car, so i really begrudge buying thingshmm But, i guess i should prioritise. We shall see.

Looking forward to seeing pics tomorrow Jaqsmile

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 21:19:20

Disgusting sad mix went down the drain. Not sure what went wrong. confused made that recipie so many times and it just went belly up this time.
I had plain pasta in and ds had pasta with sausages out tin.

How was your fish and chips?

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:19:39

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:20:37

the ones i mentioned are free jet, i never pay for apps, i always get free ones

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:20:58

does anyone like these? I am seriously considering ordering them.

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:22:29

Fish and chips were rubbish Ouch sad Sometimes that can happen though with a recipe you have done many a time before.

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:24:37

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:24:54

i dont like them bella, sorry, either hav proper pumps or proper boots, they are like some weird mix confused but i am not best know for my fashion sense, im boring when it comes to shoes

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 21:25:00

Bella- no no no no no. It is far too Spice Girls Meets Hells Angels.

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 21:25:45

Unanimous then grin

Are youu having a hot flush, Bella? grin

BelfastBloke Sat 25-Sep-10 21:28:07

I love them Bella. You are dressing for men, right?

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:28:16

Looks like you have saved me from a fashion faux pas grin

Now you come to mention it BoF << fans ones self >>

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:28:24

i could have gone out on the piss tonight, got ds1 here to babysit, oh well, hindsight is great innit

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:28:48

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:29:24

'spice girls meets hells angels' made me spit my wine out grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:29:54

I am dressing for me BB, but men might come into the equation grin

See, I am too short for pumps and I desperately would love a pair of converse, so I thought I would compromise.

BelfastBloke Sat 25-Sep-10 21:32:15

Well you like them. And one man likes them. And all your friends hate them.

Are you going to be true to yourself? It's a Disney moment.

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 21:33:02

BB grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:35:12

I don't do Disney am afraid...

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:36:29

Message withdrawn

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 21:36:30

That settles it then I wont book the breakfast at the Travelodge, I shall meet up with you lot before I head back to Charing Cross.

I haven't paid for a single app in 2 years.

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 21:37:34

Oh and sorry Bella but the shoes are yuck.

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 21:38:36

They look like something a member of n'dubz would wear.

jetcat Sat 25-Sep-10 21:39:04

straight to the point there then Jaqgrin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:40:11

I thought they were rather individual grin and a bit well different. Just one of those instant attraction moments - have you never had one of those Shiney? wink grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:40:49

and who the chuff is ndubz?

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:41:52

rap group i think bella

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:42:30

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:44:07

Well I know where Vinny, BoF and me are staying. You have your own personal assistant again booking stuff for you - so you need to ask Trills grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 21:44:46

I will stop talking about boots/shoes now, I am boring myself hmm

RumourOfAHurricane Sat 25-Sep-10 21:45:05

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 21:58:34

well i have polished off a bottle of wine (again) i lub you all grin

bellavita Sat 25-Sep-10 22:01:05

I love you too Vinny grin

Shiney I am pretty certain it is the Farringdon Travel Lodge.

VinegarTits Sat 25-Sep-10 22:25:08

im watching knocked up, and it brings back memories of how i conceived the finnster blush

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 22:26:03

right been busy. And have got a logo thingy to go with the name. taking bof's advice and not bothering with foreign bit just using it as is. SO happy. Might have a new design also so chuffed with that. Might try to run up a few bits and bobs this week to list. Going to hit etsy tomo.

Wonder if DIB has frozen to the spot yet?

wastingaway Sat 25-Sep-10 22:37:36

Evening all!

Liking the title Jaq. smile
I believe I managed to miss an entire thread! shock
I have been doing RL of sorts etc. plus trying not to think about weight as it has been getting me too stressed. Meh.

Vinny, sorry to hear about your gran.

Ouch, sounds like you're on top of Etsy, good going. smile

All this Ipod, Ikea etc. envy I say!

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 22:45:40

NDUBZ

Nuff said

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 22:47:02

Oh and can someone please confirm for definate which travelodge it is before I go ahead and book.

I will be well pissed off if I book into a different one to everyone else grin

BitOfFun Sat 25-Sep-10 22:49:31

We've turned over to Knocked Up now , Vinny. Very good.

Jaquelinehyde Sat 25-Sep-10 22:54:33

knocked up is a pretty funny film.

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 22:54:56

Not so sure about that wasting but getting preped ready to tackle it scream at the computer tomorrow

Anyone know anything about copyright legislation? <long shot>

wastingaway Sat 25-Sep-10 23:06:11

You are further on than I am grin

What about copyright?

Iggi999 Sat 25-Sep-10 23:38:52

Jaq it's Farringdon.

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 23:48:10

hang on will linky.

OuchPassVodka Sat 25-Sep-10 23:49:25

here is the copy right thingy if it is a breach of copuyright then someone is being very naughty on etsy.

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 08:27:30

morning, am i first up? ds2 woke us up at about 7 i am bloody knackered

looks like it going to be another lovely day here though

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 09:01:28

Message withdrawn

BelfastBloke Sun 26-Sep-10 09:22:38

What is a deliberate breakfast, Shineon?

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 09:24:29

Morning smile, << stretches >> we have just surfaced. DS2 just got up and DS1 is still in the land of nod.

We watched Knocked up too Vinny, but I put the last1 half an hour on to record as I was starting to fall asleep. I will watch the rest later this afternoon.

The sun isn't exactly shining here, but it isn't raining either.

Hi Iggs and Wasting.

Sounds like you are zooming ahead Ouch - must be very exciting for you.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 09:26:18

Morning BB. No football today? Do you live in the "burbs" or right in the thick of things in the big city?

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 09:29:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BelfastBloke Sun 26-Sep-10 09:32:16

Hi bella. There's always football somewhere! Alas, it's not on the menu for me today.

Yeah, we live dead centre. Equally alas, we're contemplating moving out.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 09:35:05

Must be nice though to have everything on tap BB?

Well I am coming Reality. Is it going to be all posh frocks do you think? 'Cos I don't possess one... You need some comfort food for the hangover.

BelfastBloke Sun 26-Sep-10 09:39:20

it is, bella. where do you live?

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 09:40:34

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 09:46:08

I live in a village about 8 miles from the centre of York. I would love to just be able to pop out and do some shopping without having to drive the park and ride and then do the bus journey. Would be nice to nip out and get a skinny latte when ever I felt the need and it only take a couple of mins.

I have no idea what I am going to wear.. I would like to purchase another pair of the French Connection jeans I have, but it seems they have changed them slightly. Best pair of fitting jeans I have ever bought. Need to have a trip into town and have a look around.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 09:47:43

So am i. It makes it hard to diet though.

Ds is up and excited. I am taking him to see some friends and no doubt be spoilt rotten with attention.

I am on my second cup of coffee and am just about able to string a coherant thought together.

Shiney do you really lock him in his room? The grumpy ones will be after youif you are not careful.

BB-Are you a supporter of the game or a player? Oh and which team?

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 09:48:27

hmm I meant I am also eating cheese.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 09:50:27

I couldn't eat cheese at this time in a morning.

Yoghurt and raspberries here. DH made me a coffee when we got up and I think I just may have another.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 09:52:39

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 09:53:25

G'wan then Shiney let us see your spoils.

You need breakfast Missy!

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 09:55:20

Message withdrawn

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 09:57:21

Even if it just a bit of fruit. breakfast is good. although i only ate a chunk of cheese cos i couldn't face breakfast either.

I think i need another cup of coffee. hmm

Where are these spoils?
<awaits hideous x-posting>grin

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 09:57:45

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:01:14

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:02:03

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:02:30

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:03:17

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:04:15

Oh dear send the Macbook back, it doesn't link properly grin technical errors!!

Reality, do you have a walk in centre? If so, I would nip her down.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:05:12

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:05:45

Could it be shingles?

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:05:46

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:06:30

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:06:38

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:06:45

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:06:57

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:08:09

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:08:34

You have given it the pox you norty girl.. that's what you get when you fawn all over it and lick it!! grin

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:08:35

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:09:02

Message withdrawn

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 10:11:26

I have has chicken pox twice once as child once as adult. Not had shingles though <lucky>

There is a measles outbreak around here. ds has had german measles.

Reality have you changed you washing powder or anything?

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:13:18

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:14:21

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:34:02

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:40:27

Looks like cp or shingles. I would still pop her down to the walk-in centre.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:40:40

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:41:19

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 10:44:47

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:45:13

Yes ignore me grin I know it isn't impetigo as I have had that and it looks nothing like.

Still say walk-in centre.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:46:00

and I still say it is cp.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:46:57

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 10:49:36

Yes, you definitely missed your calling in life Shiney - you could be a "Mystic Dr" seen as you can also see into your crystal ball.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 10:54:02

Message withdrawn

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 11:02:44

are they itchy Reality?

shiney show us yours fat face buys, i like FF, too expensive for me though

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 11:07:05

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 11:22:11

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 11:23:30

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 11:25:43

What was it you said Shiney? grin

Just listen to me next time Reality. Obviously Shiney's new Macbook doesn't show up chicken pox very well unlike my dinky little netbook grin

Sorry about the implications for you with your mindees sad

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 11:29:50

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 11:36:19

Let's face it you were too busy with your Fat Face stuff and your thread in AIBU to really study those spots grin grin

<< ducks >>

Gigantaur Sun 26-Sep-10 11:42:54

loving the diagnosis punch up.

The pics on your profile don't look like Cp but then what do i know.
Either way i hope she gets better quickly, not least so you can continue working.

Went to legoland yesterday. we'd not been before so it was nice. Didn't get to do everything but have decided that the DC can have merlin passes for christmas.
They already have every toy under the sun and the pass would be excellent. we only have them every other weekend so unless something else is planned it would mean we would use them at least once a month. it'd save us a fortune in the long run.

off to see my nephew for his birthday too.
Christmas randyness obviously runs in the family grin

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 11:48:45

Hey Gigi smile

Glad you enjoyed Legoland. Passes sound like a good idea, especially if you don't live too far away.

mittz Sun 26-Sep-10 12:13:36

bloody hell! shock..How much do you lot talk?

Ermm... will catch up in a bit wink

Had an amazing day yesterday...

Street artists, a light experience, dancing, music, and at the end of the day and drums and firework show that completely blew my mind. I haven't been so excited for a looooong time. I would seriously have gone on to paint the town a very bright shade of scarlet if I had been able. grin
My creative batteries were seriously recharged smile

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 13:45:06

sounds amazing mittz where did you go?

gigi have they evicted all the wasps from Legoland now?

i have put together the chest of draws i bought, and now have blisters in my delicate hands, i wasnt built for manual labour

i now have a pile of clothes from the old draws to sort out and im not looking forward to it!

mittz Sun 26-Sep-10 14:43:25

It was in Derby Vinny and the whole city was alive. I am still buzzing and doing little happy dances smile.

I'll do virtually anything manual Vinny, but I have to wear a pair of marigolds if I run the risk of getting my hands dirty!.. Gardening, bike maintenance, walling, digging grin

Lizzylou Sun 26-Sep-10 15:17:06

Hello, am a moany beeatch still so hiding.

Hope you are all good, am eating waaaay too much at the moment and not doing enough exercise but nevermind.

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 15:36:45

clothes are all sorted now and my bedroom looks like a bedroom again (as opposed to a laundry room with clothes everywhere) i quite proud of my efforts

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 15:52:26

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 16:10:40

Afternoon smile

Vinny, well done you on the chest of drawers and all the sorting.

Mittz, it sounds like you had a fabulous time at the carnival.

Lizzy, do you want too tell us about it?

I hadn't realised that last night's film "Knocked Up" went on after the news. I put it on to record. I have sat down this afternoon to watch the rest of it and it has finished where they have a massive argument in the midwife's office. I cannot find it anywhere on "anytime tv" or on "catch-up". Am annoyed with myself.

Roast beef for tea tonight.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 16:33:51

afternoon. must put on tea as it needs 1 1/2 in bread machine. i am tired and cba. Ds had a lovely time at the rink but it wasnt so enjoyable for me. Could train, he didnt want help and not really long enough on the ice. Going to do serious training tuesday to make up for it.

Lizzy - hun is there anything we do? even just listen
to ranting?

Bella - this is why i only watch flims on dvd grin

Vinny - well done on the DIY.

How exactly did you achieve a tidy bedroom? mine is still a dumping ground despite spending a week tidying it hmm

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 16:41:27

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 16:43:39

That would be fabulous Reality smile - let me have your paypal address via fb too and I will send you the postage.

HRHPrincessReality Sun 26-Sep-10 16:56:16

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 17:12:12

Of course I don't mind sending it back.

Hello all, our guests have just left. The whole box of beer went but somehow we have got a lot of wine.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 17:31:55

Are you complaining trills?

I am not complaining but I don't really want to look at wine right now.

We has housewarming gifts- flowers, some retro style coasters, a courgette and some ice cubes in the shape of brains. My cheese stars have gained some new admirers.

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 18:07:29

Hi all. Bummer about the chicken pox, Reality. It's no longer infectious once the spots scab over, is it?

Warning, Catherinemumsnet said they will move this thread to the Special Place when they work out how, so if it disappears on anyone, that's where it will be.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 18:10:35

Hey Trills - have you got a bit of a hangover lovely girl? My roast beef dinner would have sorted it out. I love beef and onion gravy.

BoF - how do we find the special place?

The special place oo er

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 18:12:10

I got hideously drunk last night and told my Jason Manford story. In its full unexpurgated horror. Somebody share my shame and try to think if you have been a bigger twat than me.

We all went for greasy breakfast at about 1.30, knocking on a friend's door on the way. It's lovely, I have never lived in knocking distance if friends like this before.

Were you drinking for any occasion bof?

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 18:17:27

I was drinking for the occasion of Saturday.

A very noble occasion, deserving of the highest recognition.

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 18:24:19

grin

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 18:26:15

sorry bof, nothing i have done can top that one grin

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 18:30:13

where is the special place?

I am young and innocent and have never copped off with a comedian

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 18:34:10

It's hidden away in Other stuff.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 18:48:49

I am old Trills and have never copped off with a comedian!

Fab story BoF grin

That is because you have been with mr Bella forever and ever

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 20:34:45

Message withdrawn

Where are you?

I might not be here to much longer, need an early night

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 20:49:52

I was waiting for you Shiney grin. I am here, as always.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 20:53:07

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 20:56:18

Oooh which ones? You are being a minx today grin

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 21:04:03

Have been inspired by Vinny and drunk too much coffee so doing an impression of domestic godess come house tamer. grin

Can almost see the bath now, hmm and have lemon fairy cakes in the oven grin

And i bought a new top. not the best make but it meets budget restrictions and ds picked it for me grin its girly.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 21:05:09

You are a fab one Shiney grin

VinegarTits Sun 26-Sep-10 21:06:03

ive been watching xfactor and eating myself fat hmm

glad i have inspired somebody today ouch grin

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 26-Sep-10 21:07:56

Message withdrawn

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 21:08:18

no hope for my bedroom but i want to soak in the bath rather then have a shower. the boxes had to go...

Kick my ass tomo vinny and pester me about the ironing. I need to get it done.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 21:22:35

Mmmm lemon fairy cakes sound delish. You goddess you. Did you buy a tunicy type top?

I too have been watching X-Factor. I am so glad the one with the huuuuge false eyelashes didn't go through - she couldn't sing.

I have grapes (not as nice as lemon fairy cakes...) but still they are from Ocado grin

mittz Sun 26-Sep-10 21:29:57

Sainsbury mini lemon drizzle loaf, mmmmm..smile

Gi'us a twirl in the top ouch.

Have semi domestic goddessed today, and I am quite worn out..

xx for Lizzy (( ))...

I have been eating my hangover away, now watching Juno on channel 4

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 22:05:37

I've been frantically clearing and tidying too- have only just sat down. Have got contractors making a site visit tomorrow morning to plan the downstairs loo under the stairs for dd2, which means I've had to clear loads of coats and shoes out- three charity shop bags full. We're getting a new fridge-freezer and dishwasher delivered too, so I've had to defrost our old one and stash the food outside.

I'll have to watch Xfactor on catch-up.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 22:13:26

now have apple pies and a ham cheesy pastry thing in oven. The nice cooking things are balancing out all of the paper sorting tasks. Must remember not to drink coffee after 4pm grin
bounce....

Might grab a shower when i have eaten my tea (pastry thingy) before doing some more stuff. Might do nice sewing type stuff else it'll be shredder type stuff hmm

Dp has done the majority of the post party cleanup

Downstairs loo sounds good, but new fridge freezer is more exciting. Is it going to be a swanky one that makes ice?

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 22:17:32

Blimey BoF - you have been busy. Bet it will all be worth it though when it is finished.

Well done MrTrills grin

Ouch, you need to sit down! You will burn yourself out if you are not careful.

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 22:28:47

It is quite swanky, yes grin

Well, as swanky as Beko gets anyway.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 22:32:26

Am sitting bella. eating the pastry thing which has come out surprisingly well grin

this is the top

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 22:34:34

bof - are you feeling more energetic then you were a while back or is this a case of needs must and this has been driving me mad? It sounds like you are making major progress. must be satisfying.

bellavita Sun 26-Sep-10 22:35:17

Ooh the top is lovely Ouch smile. Glad you are taking my advice and sitting.

Right, I need to go to bed.

Catch up with you all tomorrow.

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 22:39:15

Oh I do like that poncho.

I am feeling quite energetic, yes, in bursts. It's a virtuous circle though- as I see things improving, I feel more motivated to get other stuff done.

Night Bella.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 22:45:09

Are you getting burn out. i suspect i shall end up spending tomo sleeping whilst ds is at school. blush

Glad you are feeling better though.

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 22:45:32

Night Bella

BitOfFun Sun 26-Sep-10 22:49:53

Oh I still squeeze a nap in whenever I can grin

OuchPassVodka Sun 26-Sep-10 22:52:44

Glad it is not just me grin Right am actually tired so going to go finish the handwashing, make ds' lunch box and go to bed.
Have a good night and sleep restfully.

Have a good day all you sleeping shineys. You too bof.

Morning all grin

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 07:54:43

Moooorning Norma xx smile

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 07:57:20

Good morning

New week, so kicking ass.

I think I said that last week, but this week will be good, am sure.

Watched a truly so bad it's good film last night 300, on channel 5. About Spartans, lots of men with very little clothing. Made me smile anyway.

Hope everyone is good smile

Morning lovely Mitzz

Sounds like a giid film in my book Lizzy wink

Morning all

Shattered this morning!

LL - I reckon ten minutes on The Wobbler and your mojo will come swooping back smile

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 08:19:15

I wonder if you are confusing your vibrating machines, DIB? wink

How was that sponsored night marathon thingy? Were you desperately cold?

Hi Norma smile

Jaquelinehyde Mon 27-Sep-10 08:22:16

Morning, morning, morning everyone.

Lizzy I love 300 blush it's one of my faves! blush blush

Only a flying visit this morning, got soooooo much to do today. Not sure if I will make it back on until much later today.

What I came on to say was I weighed myself this morning and have lost another 7lb grin

I now weigh 25st 2 and 3/4lbs, bringing my two week total to 1 stone 5 and 3/4lbs. grin grin

Onwards and downwards ladies.

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 08:33:07

Message withdrawn

Well done jaq! I think it makes a lot of sense to post both losses and actual weights. Of course you could start a thread in chat entitled 'how I lost over a stone in 2 weeks'

BelfastBloke Mon 27-Sep-10 08:53:32

Is 300 the gayest movie ever?

You decide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2t58CRmbU

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 08:57:10

Morning ladies smile

Lizzy - great to see you back.

Jaq, well done.

DIB - how did it go with the Marathon?

Trills, has your hangover gone now? grin

Hello Shiney, are we going to stay out of trouble today? grin

Am eating porridge. I have lost a couple of pounds and am feeling positive.

Expensive couple of weeks for us - both cars need taxing (which I will do today) and both cars need a service - which I have just booked. We need a Saturday so they cannot do them until the 16th Oct. I asked how much it would be for the two cars and he said oh don't worry we will sort it on the day. I said no we need to sort it now. He says oh about £140ish each and I said no I need an exact amount (obviously if something needs doing then this will be extra, I expect that). He then said how about £135 each, I said that's better I will take it grin

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 08:59:08

Hello smile x

Fabuolous Jaq smile you must be very proud of yourself... go girl.. x

grin at Lizzy and her vibrating thingy... I shall take the tone no lower smile........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .
So shiney are you going to start working on your list from the beginning of the year of things to try or summat?

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 09:01:41

Hi Mittz & BB.

According to YouTube everything is 'gay'. Very immature way of describing things really. I doubt anyone here would be pleased if their dc cam out with that film is so gay

BelfastBloke Mon 27-Sep-10 09:04:47

Morning.

Cold, innit?

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 09:08:30

Nah, not here BB.. tis damp and sort of nothing..

Kids say everything is gay, it gets on my mammaries.

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 09:12:15

BB - cold, damp and grey here. I dislike autumn and winter sad I am much happier when it is nice and warm.

S'pose I had better go and get showered. I start work at 11.30.

BelfastBloke Mon 27-Sep-10 09:13:03

Trillian, I wasn't using 'gay' as a negative, in the way you're describing. Didn't you look at the link? I was using it as descriptive, positive.

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 09:43:04

Morning. Its grey and misling. Suffering a bit of burn out so going to have an ikea trip. I also have an extra hour today as after school clubs started this week. So ds is busy on mondays grin Just drinking first coffee and hoping to find a way to function.

SKy has a funny pink tinge to it. If it was colder i would say it would snow. I hate in the middle weather. either or please. Either medium temp and sun or freezing and sun. I'm happy then.

Havent seen 300. Not sure that i can be bothered after the da vinci fiasco.

Jaq -*Fabulous news. keep going*. You'll shift it.
I have weight loss motivation envy When you are ready will you come a kick some butt Jaqboot. Could we have the exercise for 30mins 3 times a week challenge again?

Dib - have you defrosted yet? Are you ok lovely?

Lizzy - go girl. A new week, a fresh start.

Right must get going. I is tired and want to crawl back into bed. maybe a nap later...

VinegarTits Mon 27-Sep-10 10:00:11

Morning i am soooo full of cold, my nose and eyes are streaming, caught it off the finnster who is full of it too

Jaq excellent! fabulous loss, glad to hear your back on track

oh 300 is very gay, love it.

VinegarTits Mon 27-Sep-10 10:01:15

i haven't gone to work, so feeling guilty as well as ill hmm

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 10:01:50

Jaq that is an amazing weight loss smile
Well done you.

Yep, 300 is full of almost naked men, definitely worth a look grin

Hope you feel better soon, Vinny.

Roight, back to it.

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 10:41:06

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 10:41:56

Message withdrawn

I just did a quick read & all I can remember is that Lizzy has a vibrating thingy (shows the kind of information that my brain retains!) grin confused wink

Bella well done on the loss!

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 12:38:47

well done Jaq - that is fabgrin You must feel so (deservedly) proud of yourselfsmile

Lizzy, good to see you - glad you are feeling a little brightersmile

Reality - i hope DD is ok. Bummer if it means you can't work.

My weight loss - 3lbs last week. Tis good, but am not really feeling proud of myself till i get back to what i was a couple of month backhmm So, about another 10lbs to go thenblush

I did walk down to tesco this morning to get some earphones though (thanks shiney, i did see your offer), did a brisk walk back listening to Springsteen, and then 30 mins on the treadmill.

Going to make another car payment on Wednesday, when i will have offically made it to half way. I think i need a Blue Peter totaliser or somethinggrin

And its pissing down. Again.sad

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 12:41:52

missed your loss Bellablush Well done - and well done for getting a firm price for the services. I have been caught out like that beforeblush

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 13:15:06

Its cold today.

<shiver>

VinegarTits Mon 27-Sep-10 14:07:49

I have slept all day, just woke up feel crappy, sore throat and ulcers all over my tongue and my chest hurst when i sneeze confused

well done on your loss Bella!

how are you feeling today Lizzy?

AliceTheBlueArsedFly Mon 27-Sep-10 14:11:42

Just popping in to say hi smile

Trying to decide whether to go and buy some new riding boots today or not....

Hi Alice!

Sorry you are feeling crappy Vinny. Ulcers sound horrible - do you know what you have?

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 14:46:23

Bella, well done smile

Vinny..sorry you are ill, hopefuly it will be short lived

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 15:38:26

Sounds awful vinny. But it is a proper reason to be off work so make sure you stop feeling guilty about being off and try to get checked out if possible.

I have done my ironing. Fear of being yelled at by the ironing one meant i got on and it it. virtually all put away too.

Did you get my txt mitts? phone has been playing up.

I am having a bit of an insignificant wibble. Ds' first ever afternoon of after school stuff. nervous about what mood i shall find him in. Anything I can do/take/prepare so that the rest of tonight runs smoothly. tea is pizza and in bread machine to be shoved into pizza at about 4:30pm which means slightly earlier then normal tea. Would a small snack/drink on way home be a good idea (4pm pick up)?

That's not my Shiney, her plumber is polite and innuendo-free.

VinegarTits Mon 27-Sep-10 16:53:58

Thats not my shiney, shes eating squirty cream from the fridge full clothed

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 16:54:54

Message withdrawn

That's not my Shiney, she doesn't like this picture

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 17:55:03

That's not my Shiney, her hard drive is porn free...

That's not my Shiney, her ipad has no traces of saliva

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 17:55:36

(painting a lovely picture of you here Shiney grin)

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 17:58:34

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 17:58:47

That's not my Shiney she is eating her courgette

shock Lizzy!

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 18:02:07

What?

Should I have said marrow?

wink

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 18:10:25

grin

That's not my Shiney, she hasn't got glossy lips.

biscuit

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 18:16:59

Lizzy will you report back on the zumba pretty please.

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 18:18:28

that's not my shiney she is helicopter parenting.

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 18:19:04

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 18:22:50

Not again, Shiney??? grin

I will do Ouchy, always assuming DH gets back in time for me to go.

VinegarTits Mon 27-Sep-10 18:29:57

have i missed a shiney story involving a courgette?

mittz Mon 27-Sep-10 18:33:08

That's not my Shiney, she is worried she has upset someone

Dunno Vinny, after the Cream incident, the old Gimmers that were delivering her veg took up crocheting instead....

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 18:35:58

Message withdrawn

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 18:47:53

That's MY Shiney as she hasn't answered my txt!!!!!! as per..

Sorry, I couldn't resist changing it.

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 19:04:30

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 19:06:07

Message withdrawn

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 19:13:35

It did!

What is words with friends?

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 19:24:19

i havent eaten tea. it was supposed to be pizza. the dough is on the bench. i only like pizza with cheese but shouldnt be eating cheese. Can i do something else with the dough?

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 19:25:29

Message withdrawn

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 19:25:46

Flat breads? or Pitta?

It is like Scrabble Trills. I am rubbish at stuff like that.

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 19:37:37

have downloaded words with friends, now what do i do?confused

Today, since junior arrived home at 4pm, this is all i have heard:-

mini - maaaaam, junior wont share pod. Waaaah

me - share.

junior - maaam, mini wont share the ipod. Slams door.

me - share or i will take it off you.

mini and junior - nooooo, you cant take it off us.

ffs grin

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 19:38:52

will give it a go. was glad it was just ds and me tonight as i burnt the first lot of pizza i made for him. There is tons of dought left over as it makes enough for 4 large adults portions.

I am rubbish at scrabble type stuff too. But that would just be because i couldnt spell to svae my life. grin

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 19:42:53

Can you freeze dough Ouch?

On the plus side jet it is quite cute that they call it a pod

bellavita Mon 27-Sep-10 19:46:54

Aww bless them jet grin

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 19:50:48

i know trillsgrin Over the weekend i thought i may have to start paying it babysitting rates - i hardly saw mini. She is permanently sat on my bed tapping away.

I think dough can freeze ouchhmm I hope you are ok by the way.

Mini aibu - mini's party in december (yes, i am already getting stressedblush) I have found a childrens entertainer, who will apparantly take charge of the entire thing - for a price, obv. Given my issues around loads of people, would i be unreasonable to hire such a person, and explain that to them, and say "ball is in your court"?

Lizzylou Mon 27-Sep-10 20:31:45

Zumba = hilarious
I haven't laughed so much (mainly at myself) in ages.
Picture about 50 lancashire women from age 16-60 of all shapes and sizes, all very uncoordinated following one very rhythmic and gorgeous instructor in a sports hall, lots of thrusting, shimmying, and arm pumping. Victoria Wood would have a field day.
I kicked some poor petite young girl blush

Soooo going back next week grin

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 20:35:06

grin

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 20:52:29

i knew it looked fun. shame no where near does it dvd it is then i can get ds doing it

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 21:08:08

Jet am ok mostly over tired. just a bit pissed off with people who play mind games. Have had my fill between playground politics and ex. Just heated up the wheat bag for the creature hot friend thing that ds gave me for mother's day (ex helped pick it so it is a cow shape of course <rolls eyes> but it is lovely and lavander scented and i am feeling more chilled. also have a lovely snuggle under a duvet with ds to watch a bit of tv. I think an early night is a good plan.

training tomorrow so it will all be fine.

Iggi999 Mon 27-Sep-10 21:16:22

Evening. DP and I have been competing with "who had the worst class today" stories for the last hour, so needing to come on computer to escape.
Ouch since you first mentioned it, Zumba seems to be cropping up everywhere! Not going to be persuaded to try it though. Think I'd need be drunk.

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 21:16:56

at least you may be able to let off a bit of steam at training then. I hope the playground politics aren't too bad.

Vinny - you're too friggin clever - stop showing me upblush grin

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 21:28:55

grin iggy. I think it looks fun. and i might finally learn some coordination. ds loves his new light. its only a push on push off one but means he is control of the light without having to get out of bed.

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 21:56:10

Are you all watching spooks in the hope for another name check hmmgrin

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 27-Sep-10 22:32:54

Message withdrawn

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 22:37:07

being of low technology i expect i cant join you. watching a documentary about speed climbers. it's got the climber that whoop Mr clarkson's ass climbing up a moutain faster then he could drive up it.

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 22:50:40

its bloomin hard shiney! I keep getting crap letters, and am trying not to appear too thickgrin

Iggi999 Mon 27-Sep-10 22:59:28

am getting left-out feeling. Will go sit in the corner with anyone else who doesn't have i-phone. <envy>

OuchPassVodka Mon 27-Sep-10 23:00:58

I have fairy cakes iggy. can i tempt you? My phone doesnt even go on the internet it is that high tech grin and as for a camera not a chance.

jetcat Mon 27-Sep-10 23:07:42

hi iggi, i only have an ipod touch - not rich enough for an iphoneenvy

did you determine who had had the worst day then?

Iggi999 Mon 27-Sep-10 23:19:42

Oh, I think he won by a whisker grin
I asked a student to go and look at a poster in another classroom today as I'd forgotten the detail (a flag) and he came back with a photo of it on his i-phone. It was so inventive I forgot to be angry that he had his phone out!
Thinking of asking him to come round to help me programme the dvd player..

Iggi999 Mon 27-Sep-10 23:25:55

Am off to bed. DS no longer wishes to pee in his nappy so I get woken up in the night to help him to the toilet. So need some sleep! Think I'd quite like to wear a nappy in bed myself if I could (though would not like to be incontinent, obv). What a pointless sentence! Am clearly over tired.
Hope you all get a good night's sleep and some pleasant dreams (of TWC).

mittz Tue 28-Sep-10 06:45:40

Morning smile x

bellavita Tue 28-Sep-10 07:43:55

Morning lovely ladies smile

I could have slept on this morning, I am still tired

Iggs, I downloaded the app on my phone and then realised it was scrabble. I am so crap at stuff like that I won't even attempt to do it. DS1 likes to challenge me to a game of Scramble (tis a bit like Boggle) and I always lose which is pretty bad really against a 13 year old.

What are we all up to today?

Lizzylou Tue 28-Sep-10 07:44:01

Sorry was watching Spooks, Ouch.

I have no Apple products, DH has an i-phone but I can't get to grips with it.

Iggi, you were on form last night, you've made me giggle this morning. You should try Zumba, noone was doing it properly, it was such a laugh.

Morning Mittz smile

mittz Tue 28-Sep-10 07:52:20

I'd like to do something like Zumba Lizzy smile

I am working today, have a busy week ahead.

Hey Bella smile xx

I have no apple products and can't really say I am drawn. I am not much of a 'thing' person, I like experiences. Just like my phone to have enough memory for a big selection of music.

I am having the week of after the kids have half term.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 07:58:05

Message withdrawn

OuchPassVodka Tue 28-Sep-10 07:58:47

good on you mittz
should be training today but only got 6 hours sleeps last night and i hurt everywhere. I think i have caught a bug or have a migraine brewing Not sure whether to go now.

Must go get ds' porridge into the microwave so we have a chance to be on time.

Ooh, Shiney, does your boyfriend know you are chatting away to men all over the world?

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 08:37:36

Message withdrawn

bellavita Tue 28-Sep-10 08:38:10

Porridge here too for me Ouch.

Shiney, are they like quick turnaround games or do you get a time limit to take your round? Is Thursday the day this week?

Hi Mittz smile

Zumba sounds fun Lizzy.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 08:46:10

Message withdrawn

I think I will declare myself too busy to play this game. It saves on the humiliation later when I get beaten by Jet only to find out that it was actually Junior playing! grin

bellavita Tue 28-Sep-10 08:50:35

I think I will leave it to you word guru's.

Trills grin

Did I mention we have internet now? Make typing much easier, and doing this a million times easier. So I'll be back to regular typos not the fun of autocorrect mangling words (my iphone has now learned the word Shiney grin).

mittz Tue 28-Sep-10 09:03:51

grin at Trills being beaten by Junior...he he.

I am not committing to anymore stuff like games. MN and FB are my things and any other spare time is being ploughed hmm into turning my life around.

How are you feeling Vinny? smile xx

I ran home form schoolsmile. Only a mile but at least it was something..

Waiting for one customer before I can go to another's house...

AliceTheBlueArsedFly Tue 28-Sep-10 09:24:50

Ouch - envy i would kill for 6hrs sleep (possibly DH, the selfish git)

Potty training going very well smile

OuchPassVodka Tue 28-Sep-10 09:31:53

Oh that was not six hours in one stretch alice that was the sum total of the night.

Ds is back to getting up in the night despite sleep meds. must book doctors appointment to talk about meds dosage. But it really is swings and roundabouts with it. Do we increase the dosage so he sleeps the whole night through but soaks the bed. Or do we leave it where it is so that he can get up for the toilet but cant get back to sleep? Tough call really.

I am main lining pain killers, migraine meds and coffee. I feel slightly ill. think i might go training for an hour or so though. will make me focus on the boring stuff

jetcat Tue 28-Sep-10 10:53:44

trills - i am actually trying to persuade junior to play, as i think the relaxed time limit while playing would really boost her confidence - and she loves scrabble. Havent managed it yet though - so at least people know it is me playinggrin

Hello, hello,

Up to my eyeballs buy dashing in to say hello & lob some fresh baked pasties your way grin

Off to the kiddies birthday party this afternoon where she will be, am hoping MrNorma respects me enough to huddle himself up in a corner with her - we shall wait & see <<wibble>>

Vinny I'm loving all your place updates on FB, mine would be ever so dull, I'm either at home or at school hmm grin

Shiney were/what is this word game you speak of? grin

Trills hooray for internet access!

to not huddle himself in a corner....

AliceTheBlueArsedFly Tue 28-Sep-10 11:10:29

Hope it goes ok Norma, practice your hmm face and use it a lot at her

I fear it may more of a confused face!

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 12:09:41

hello, i am in work but feel like crap

spend last night in bed playing on that word game on my phone, couldnt be arsed to switch laptop on

i will take my go soon shiney and jet (fell asleep with the phone in my hand blush)

Norma my updates are quite boring dont you think? will try and make them more interesting grin

They're far more interesting then mine would be Vin grin I'm actually trying to think of places to go so I look more interesting!

What is this game, I wan to play too <<stamps feet>> I really did!

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 12:18:41

its an iphone app Norma, go to apps and search for words with friends, get the free version, you have to register, i and vinnytits on it, its like scrabble

Off to look now...

Blooming thing won't download, just hanging there saying waiting [humph]

A-ha - I've started a game with you (I think) Vin but how to add others to it or is just 2 people per game?

Not that I know how to play it...

HRHPrincessReality Tue 28-Sep-10 13:04:42

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 13:48:23

Damn the battery has gone on my phone so you will have to wait until after 6 for me to take my go

OuchPassVodka Tue 28-Sep-10 13:58:48

You're all going disappear playing this game arent you hmm

Norma - good the party goes ok.

Training was pointless. It now hurts to breath, stand up, sit down, walk and type. hmm so i am going to have a long hot shower and some lunch then figure out what i can face doing today. Not sure if it is a virus or burnt out. (although miss-jumping wont have helped today.) I think it might just have to be a hot water bottle and a curl up before school collection. I am shivering atm and cant get warm.

hellsbelles Tue 28-Sep-10 14:02:02

been awol with a mildly ill but very clingy DD...who right now is crying so I have to go...time only to say sad to Vinny about your grandma....hurrah to jaq, jet and bella for weight loss. Shiney - I too loose hair at certain times of years - puts me in mind of an old malting (is that the word?) cat (me not you).

Lizzy - I hope you are o.k.

We have a new cat&dog hoover especially for my moulting hair.

jetcat Tue 28-Sep-10 14:10:45

norma, if you go to 'create new game', you get the option to search for a user name. Add me - jetcat32

vinny - no worries, i wont be able to play much during the day anywaygrin

nice to see you hells, hope your DD is ok - its tough when they are clingysad

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 14:11:00

Message withdrawn

HRHPrincessReality Tue 28-Sep-10 14:12:44

hellsbelles Tue 28-Sep-10 14:16:37

DD has managed to settle herself...hurrah!

Shiney - I used to get really worried about my autumnal hairloss but have since noticed that it happens every year and then stops. The hairdresser told me it was normal

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 14:19:41

i wouldnt play bof she cheats i have played her at scrabble grin

Aww poor dd hells, they are cute when they are clingy but not for long

Lizzylou Tue 28-Sep-10 14:22:08

Hey Hells, hope DD is OK soon.

I'm OK, just being positive and making like an Ostrich grin

I lose loads of hair as well, my hair is very fine though.

Dreading picking up DS2 today, yesterday and last week was not good. I feel like a naughty school child. He is just oblivious.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 14:24:19

Message withdrawn

mittz Tue 28-Sep-10 14:36:34

Hello all.

Norma (( )), you are a fabulous, gorgeous lady and we are all with you, This too shall pass xx

jetcat Tue 28-Sep-10 14:40:40

sad Lizzy - is he not settling? Or has he settled too well?

I have hair in plughold syndrome here as well, par for the course with an underactive thyroid i think. Tis tres annoying though - i still have bloomin thick hairhmm

I cant cheat at word/scrabble - how would it know which letters are already on the board?confused So no, you will all get to see my impressive knowledge of, err, three to five letter wordsgrin

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 14:47:15

the trick to these games is to choose your highest scoring letters, then see if you can make a word from them, then see if you can place them on a triple letter space, if not then go for a triple word space, thats how i do it anyway

the bloody thing has to tell me 'word doesn to exist' about 20 times before i actually get it right grin

Lizzy you ok?

Hells poor DD, hope she's better soon.

Jet have started a game with you grin I think I'm addicted!

Thank you Mittz, always have the right words

Vin I keep getting word doesn't exsist too grin

mittz Tue 28-Sep-10 14:51:45

I lose a lot of hair, it is just short so forms a nest rather than a stringy rope. It's an age thing wink

I'm terrible for losing hair, I shed more then the dog blush

jetcat Tue 28-Sep-10 15:17:46

me too vinny - i think if i put enough random words in, its bound to accept one sooner or latergrin I really hope the other person cant see the efforts i put in thoughblush

Its so addictive norma - though i fear we are boring the pants off everyone elsegrin

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 15:19:06

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 15:21:26

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Tue 28-Sep-10 15:29:16

Norma/Jet, I am fine honest.

And....drum roll please...DS2 was good at school today.

Phew.

Hope the party goes OK Norma.

<round of applause for Lizzy's DS2>

Lizzylou Tue 28-Sep-10 15:40:45

Thanks for virtual applause, Trills grin

Is that allowed???

Seriously, after last week and yesterday I was despairing. It seems stern words, threats and beating with a massive stick have worked.

Only joking about the threats, wouldn't want to mess with his head.

OuchPassVodka Tue 28-Sep-10 15:45:13

I'm glad lizzy. Do you think he will settle down given time to adjust to the different expectations of the school environment?

Ds is sulking as i made him come home straight away rather then play with all the kids after school. I feel terrible and the cold air makes my lungs burn. Can't see anyone until thrusday though and not sure how much they can do anyway. Supposed to be on steroid inhaler but stopped taking it as i seemed better and i was exhausted from not being able to sleep. I have bribed him with applie pies and what was left of the fairy cakes. I have crawled back into bed. Cant amke up my mind if am hot or cold though hmm

Norma - Be strong girl and kick butt if you need to.

Lizzylou Tue 28-Sep-10 15:47:02

Time will tell, Ouch.

That sounds very painful, are you OK?

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 28-Sep-10 16:05:55

Message withdrawn

Lizzylou Tue 28-Sep-10 16:11:22

I doubt anyone on MN would seriously think that there were differences in how the genders are wired, Shiney! wink (^How^ many threads have there been about that recently??? Aargh!)

I now realise how lucky I was with DS1.

Now to sort my employment/money sitch out, should be a piece of pee after all of this.

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 16:16:10

glad ds2 is behaving at school now Lizzy, is it reception he has started? its a big adjustment for them isnt it?

i was going to take a flexi day for staying off sick yesterday as i feel so guilty about the amount of time ive had off sick blush but my nice boss said it doesnt matter just take a sick day smile

Gigantaur Tue 28-Sep-10 16:17:19

Sorry to Hijack but

I LOVE BOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got a text earlier from DP to tell me i had a box from Amazon. i replied saying yeah it'll just be a book i ordered a little while ago.
got home to find something that was far too big to be a book.

Well i opened it up to find a lovely cookbook holder and card from BoF.

I love it! it is absolutley perfect and really made me smile as i have had a pretty cruddy day/week.

you are a star.

I will of course bugger off and text her but wanted you all to know how lovely she is too

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 16:17:33

im still illing though and have pains in my back hmm

but nuffin drugs wont cure, will hit the chemist on my way home

You were sick, it is a sick day, very sensible boss there Vinny

VinegarTits Tue 28-Sep-10 16:20:21

Gigi that is lovely

i have actually never meet anyone as caring and generous as bof, she is always very mindful of others even if she is having a tough time herself, shes an Angel smile

OuchPassVodka Tue 28-Sep-10 16:20:39

thats good vinny.

dont know lizzy. but as i switching between shivering and boiling at rapid pace and i know have ear ache, i think we can say i have some sort of virus. dont want to take the steroid inhaler tonight as need some sleep but will have to if this carries on. expect crap spouting later if i have to take it. Thankfully it is better when i lie down and rest so going to try to hang out. keep dosing off too. poor ds is feeling neglected.

mittz Tue 28-Sep-10 16:21:15

Of course they are, those threads get on my nipples. Of course we're bloody diff