This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Im a being too sensitive?

(5 Posts)
Anotherusername2016 Thu 03-Nov-16 13:22:22

I'm a being too sensitive...

My little girl is one next week and one of my friends still hasn't met her yet. we live in the same town and we have met up this year but without the babies. She never even said congratulations or sent a card.

When she had her little girl, I went to the baby shower, visited her in hospital and when she came out, went to the christening and 1st birthday. (Bought cards and gifts for all occasions) and numerous other visits.

I feel a bit annoyed about the lack of effort she has made. My partner said I'm being silly and to just be the bigger person but it's in the back of my head. Should I say something or would that just be awkward (we have lots of mutual friends too) or I'm I just being sensitive

BackforGood Thu 03-Nov-16 22:52:38

What have you invited her to ?

Anotherusername2016 Fri 04-Nov-16 08:34:57

Pretty much the but not a christening as we didn't have one

BackforGood Fri 04-Nov-16 17:48:55

Sorry - don't understand your answer - have some words got eaten up ? grin

Anotherusername2016 Fri 04-Nov-16 18:15:12

confused yep!

It was meant to say pretty much the same but not the christening.

I invited her round loads as well but she kept cancelling so in the end I gave up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now