This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Really needing some reassurance...

(2 Posts)
Megann1711 Tue 18-Oct-16 23:51:20

Im a young mum who gave birth to ds 4 week ago. After a horrible labour and difficulty bf (wasn't producing enough milk) and a oh who is working 10 hour shifts each day so doesn't help with feeding, changing etc I am left really not enjoying motherhood. It takes ds 2+ hours to settle then he'll wake back up within an hour for his next feed. I'm so sleep deprived and just praying that I'm not the only one who has been through these thoughts of regretting having my child. I'm desperate to know that these thoughts will subside and I'll eventually start enjoy being a mum!

Savannah13nbump Wed 26-Oct-16 14:03:16

Hi Megan, I know how you feel it's so hard especially the first few months I felt it more with my second ds so much so when he was 3 weeks I took him to park with my 3year old and nana and grandad and burst into tears I was sobbing my heart out saying why did I do this again, ds is 11 weeks old and it's still hard but feel completely different, the more of a routine you get in the better it gets, make sure your eating, getting out of the house as much as possible, soon you'll wonder why you felt like this however if it does continue please speak to HB or gp they can help xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now