This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Baby age gap. What's too close??

(3 Posts)
themarketer Wed 24-Aug-16 21:12:39

My DC is 6 months and I am desperate for a large family so want to play 'baby roulette' but this could end with an age gap of only 15 months. Has anyone got DCs this close together and recommend 'just crack on' or wait a while. I know it'll be hard work but more Interetsed in the effects on the DCs growing up etc? Thanks. smile

MrsParmaViolet Wed 24-Aug-16 21:36:23

Mine are 19 months apart and to be honest the first year was tiring but since then it's been great! They are best friends and although they do fall out, that would happen whatever the age gap. They have the same interests, days out are easy because they like the same things and they watch the same TV shows. I have no regrets and love nothing more than hearing them playing or chatting away together.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:50:13

Less than 14 months between 2 of my ds.
15 months between 2 of my dd.
Didn't find it that difficult - sorting a decent bedtime routine kept me sane!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now