This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

How useful are things like sure start children centres to new parents?

(3 Posts)
Jester78 Thu 10-Mar-16 14:30:15

Hi has anyone got any experience of sure start children centres?

Are they any good? I am unsure of trying. I'm not really the demographic its aimed at should that stop me from going? A friend recommended their parenting classes to me. Would you say they were helpful?

ChilliMum Thu 10-Mar-16 14:39:11

Hi, new parent isolation, pnd, breastfeeding and baby wearing do not conform to demographics yet groups and support for all of these were offered at ccs local to me. It is well worth popping along and registering just to know what's available. Some groups are targeted to specific needs but there is often lots of groups and activities available for all.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 06-Jul-16 07:50:57

Mine is really good and is open to all. I'd recommend a first aid course (either there or elsewhere)
The sessions for the kids are really good. We also did massage and a few other things, rhymes etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now