This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Relocation - leave to remove court order .... advise please as am furious! ;p

(5 Posts)
Mumstheword31 Mon 18-Jan-16 15:08:49

Why is it so difficult to do things when there is an absent father with parental responsibility!! Sorry but I am so frustrated. I am starting the process of getting visa's to emigrate and finding out I need permission off the "sperm donor" who I divorced 10 years and never seen or heard from since has infuriated me.
Why is it that someone who was a rubbish dad for the couple of years he stuck around then disappeared should be allowed to have any input into my daughter's life - or stop me from doing anything. (over 10 years later)
I'm looking at getting a leave to remove court order so I can relocate and all I can see online is that I need to attend mediation before a court will look at the application.
This guy was not very nice without going into detail and the thought of having to see him (if they can find him) is making me feel physically sick.
Has anyone had to apply for this or give me any advice please. I just find it so upsetting that I have to jump through legal hoops yet again because I was once stupid enough to marry a complete idiot!

Befree1 Sat 19-Mar-16 18:13:07

I know how you feel. I wanted to go through the process but didn't and now regret it - though getting to the other end of the tunnel (kids older now) so i'm waiting to be free to go without court.

I can't believe nrps get away with doing so little yet retain so much power. at least my kids' dad does a bit of hol, but no ££ as he works under table. (and he's seriously nasty to me) With a disabled teen it simply isnt enough!

I think if you read what is required by the court and you feel you have a chance go for is however very expensive (another reason i didnt go ahead). So yeah, i'm trapped (not from uk) with little support and can't leave. ridiculous!

Sounds like there is a chance your ex wouldnt show up which would prove a point in your favour.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 19-Mar-16 18:16:33

What happens if you just leave? He won't challenge it surely if he isn't on the scene?

Befree1 Sat 19-Mar-16 18:35:29

well it is illegal - if you are going to a country that is in the Hague Convention the authorities could come and take your child....not sure it is worth it? It might be possible - though probably not recommended - to do it retrospectively. But i'd check that.

Suzietwo Sat 19-Mar-16 18:39:15

As someone who works in this area, don't just go! A Hague return will make your leave to remove application much much harder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now