This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Bath support for a baby who sits up?

(6 Posts)
Madcat22 Sat 26-Jul-14 20:59:16

Can anyone advise me of a good bath support for DD (7 months) for when she sits up a bit more robustly than now but still needs support? I'm hoping to be able to bath her and DS (4 years) together when I return to work when she is 9 months but will need something which supports her to some extent so I can wash DS at the same time. I have and Aquabambino thing at the moment which is fabulous as she lies back on it in the bath and has a lovely splash about. However, this won't please her too much when she can sit because she can't really play with toys whilst in it, also there won't be enough room for DS if she's in it.

BonaDea Sat 26-Jul-14 21:05:59

I got a great one from mothercare. It came with both a bath mat (colourful, good for kids) and a plastic 'seat' which fitted through it. It was kept in place by suckers in the bottom so didn't move. It had a back support which was relatively high and slightly curved giving good support plus it had a curved sort of 'rail' at the front to hold on to / keep him in place. I thought it was great and really worked. We still use the mat now he's 16 months and will keep the seat part in case we have another

Thurlow Sat 26-Jul-14 21:10:16

You need something like this

Zipitydooda Sat 26-Jul-14 21:41:46

These are really good. No sharp edges like many bath seats seem to have, easy to get in and out and great for growing up and siblings too.
www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Aqua-Pod---Pink/455603,default,pd.html#q=aqua%20pod

BonaDea Sat 26-Jul-14 21:54:21

Yes, that aqua pod one is what I was trying to describe (we got a more unisex one with a ship, fish etc).

Madcat22 Sun 27-Jul-14 05:28:06

Thanks everyone. Exactly what I hoped for!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now